Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigmama5_gw

Help Typhoon Bordeaux or Costa Esmeralda???

bigmama5
12 years ago

I am doing soft white cabinets and cannot decide on my granite. I thought I like the Costa Esmeralda, but people keep telling me not to lock in a color. My second choice is the Typhoon Bordeaux. Any suggestions or pictures out there with soft white cabinets? Also looking for wall paint colors that could be used beside gold.

Comments (11)

• ca_mom
    12 years ago

I love the Costa. It was a runner up for me. A knowledgeable granite guy said once it was in a kitchen with stainless appliances it read more grey and less green, so you really wouldn't be locking in a color as much as with the Bordeaux. I thought it was beautiful.

• marble_com
    12 years ago

I'm leaning towards the Costa Esmeralda. It's a soft and calm look that will compliment your soft white cabinetry nicely. For wall color with this, I'd use Benjamin Moore "Guilford Green".

• BlueKitten
    12 years ago

If Costa were available in my area, I'd get it in a heartbeat. I think it's gorgeous with white cabinetry.

• robarba
    12 years ago

We've got Costa E. here with cherry cabinets. The green looks green, not gray. Some slabs are more gray than green. We really like the green Costa. I imagine it would look really sharp/fresh with white cabinets!

• xc60
    12 years ago

I really love both colors and Typhoon Bordeaux was one of my runners up when picking our granite. I saw a house for sale with it that had a gorgeous red rust color glass backsplash and fell in love.

The Costa also looks so beautiful with soft white cabinets, I wish I could have 20 houses just I could decorate them all, lol

• peytonroad
    12 years ago

I have my laundry with the costa and soft white. I love it. I do not see gray at all. Here are pics:

alt="Photobucket">
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• ginny20
    12 years ago

Did people tell you not to lock into a color because it would be harder for you to decorate around it, or because it would hurt resale value? If the latter, are you planning to sell soon? I intended to use neutral granite, but ended up with green (not CA, but a greyish-green) to go with my cherry cabinets. It passed my Sweeby Test. There are lots of pictures of TB and CA around, so I think you should apply your own Sweeby Test to the slabs you like. Usually you see TB with wood cabs, but there are lots of different TB's.

Here's a true story about choosing colors that you like. In the mid-80's, I redecorated my townhouse. I put rosy pink carpet in the LR and DR (it was the 80's, and I was single). People said I should only use beige for resale, but my decorator said the pink was much better. About 3 years later, I sold the townhouse within the first week, and the woman who bought it said it was because she loved the color of the carpet.

• peach32
    12 years ago

Peyton, love your laundry room. Here's my TB. with light maple cabinets. I'm very happy with it--still trying to pick out the BS.

• boxerpups
    12 years ago

Such a tough choice as both are gorgeous!!!
    Here are few more images to try to sway you either way.
    ~boxer

TB? No it's CE

• peach32
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!

• kaysd
    12 years ago

I think CE looks wonderful with soft white cabinets. It provides a nice bit of contrast and soft color, but it is not a really bold color, which may bother some people. CE also looks really great with SS appliances, if you are going that route. I also really like TB, but prefer it with stained wood for more contrast.

My last house had a soft green granite (Verde Ander) in the kitchen and baths with cherry cabinets. I had 2 offers within 2 weeks of listing the house for sale. Buyers liked that the house was fully updated - the color of the counters did not seem to matter since everything was coordinated. Personally, I got really tired of looking at "neutral" kitchens and baths while house hunting.