Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
isixpacku

Rachiele Sink /Waterstone PLP 5500 Placement Help

isixpacku
9 years ago

Our granite countertops and Rachiele 48" wide signature series sink were installed yesterday but we have not had the hole drilled yet for the faucet, soap dispenser, air switch, and hot/cold filter faucet.

I purchased the PLP 5500, which is massive like the sink, and has an 11" reach. The sink itself has an interior width of 17.5". For those of you with a similar set up, what is the distance from the edge of the sink to the front of the sink?

I held up the faucet last night so that it was about 2" from the edge of the sink/countertop and it felt like it projected very far but when I write it out on paper, the faucet would have been projecting to roughly the center of the sink. If anyone has some real world experience to share, I would love to hear it.

Also, how did you decide on which side to place your soap dispenser and filtration faucet if you had one?

Here is a picture of the faucet with the granite and sink. It looks beautiful together.

Comments (5)

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Pooh pup used the same brand sink and a Waterstone faucet. I don't think she is hanging out theses days but can probably google her kitchen. It is gorgeous.
    Your kitchen is looking good so far

• isixpacku
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks a2gemini. I remember seeing her kitchen but will definitely take another look at it.

• poohpup
    9 years ago

I don't come around here often but happened by and saw this. Great timing. :)

My Rachiele sink isn't as big as yours. I have a 36" farm but it isn't the smarter sink. I just checked and the interior width also measures 17.5". My PLP5500 is set 2.5" back from the edge of the granite (measured from the center of the faucet) and the granite has a very small negative reveal. The faucet hits my sink almost dead center and it feels and functions great. It definitely doesn't feel like it is too far forward and I wouldn't want it further back in the sink. I'm really happy with it.

I'm right handed and it just feels natural for me to have the soap dispenser on the right. I put the water filtration faucet on the left in the corner because I wanted it out of the way. The soap dispenser was placed symmetrically on the other side. Having the soap dispenser on the left would have been awkward for me. My advise is to place it where you feel comfortable using it. Where do you naturally want to reach? I'm really happy with the filtration faucet in the corner out of the way. I can set a pan or cup on the counter next to it and fill it easily and its easy for someone to use it even when I'm at the sink.

Your sink, faucet and granite look gorgeous together. Which finish did you choose for the faucet?

You're going to love your sink and faucet. After the major gulp at the price tag, they both remain the favorite things in my new kitchen after the improved functioned from changing the layout.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

âÂÂ>

• isixpacku
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Poohpup,

I am so glad you happened to pop on the day I posted! Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I picked American Bronze for the finish, and I really like it. I debated between that and the Caribbean Bronze but decided that I didn't want a living finish. I love how everything looks together.

I have been thinking about where I want the soap dispenser and filtration faucet and I think I am going to end up with a set up similar to yours. Having the soap on the right will feel most natural even though I am a lefty. I put the soap on the right in all of the bathrooms. The filtration faucet will go on the opposite side.

I also figured out that at 2.25" from the edge the PLP 5500 will be centered on the sink. The fabricators are coming tomorrow to drill the holes and fix some other issues. It will be nice when everything is all taken care of and the faucets are installed.

Does your faucet feel huge to you? Mine looks so big right now when I hold it up next to the sink. The sink and faucet were definitely some big ticket items but I am thinking they will be some of my favorite parts of the kitchen.

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Isix -I thought mine looked huge but now wish I went with the larger model as the reach is hard on DH back.
    What finish did you get?
    I love my waterstone. I also considered the Kohler Karbon which allowed a lot of flexibility. OldBat had the Karbon
    It is a more modern look
    Pooh - check out the GW location post when you have a chance. I am putting together where GWebbers live(general location)
    ISix- can't remember if you posted or not but if you didn't, chime in as well

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County