Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
undermount cabinet pill

Posted by BarefootContessa (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 22:21

I want to keep the front of my cabinets plain (no handle or pull) but I need some on the bottom of the cabinet door to make it easier to open. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: undermount cabinet pill

You can have a cove edge routed on the back of the doors to make a recessed area for your fingers. However, I would expect the finish to wear out in that area much sooner due to the oils and dirt on fingers.

A simple window sash lift mounted to the door might work. Are these upper or base cabinets?

o

thanks for the reply. these are small uppers and one sink cabinet.

o

You may want to go with finger pull hardware just to give you something to grab.

o

Would something like this work? We used these on all our cabinets....on the top of the door for lower cabs (sink) and on the bottom of the door for upper cabs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Finger pulls

o

Thank you GWers! Once again you come through. :)

o

My friend has the "routed out" kind of finger pull shape on her cabs, which are custom bordeaux-stained cherry. She has had them for 7 years, and I haven't seen any problem with the finish around that area. Of course, I don't know if she touches them up with scratch cover or the like, and they are only used by two adults, so they don't get as much wear as in a larger family.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here