Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone know of a kitchen faucet that can lock in spray mode?

Posted by burntfingers (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 22:18

More specifically, I've realized that I like to keep my faucet in spray (rather than the normal aerated flow) mode, especially for prep work. I've been looking for a low-arc pullout faucet for the prep sink, but they all seem to revert to non-spray mode when you turn the water off. Since I've put in a tapmaster, it seems it would defeat the purpose of having the tapmaster (i.e., being hands-free) if I'd have to push the button on the faucet spout to get back into spray mode every time I turned on the water.

Does anyone know of a faucet that I could put in spray mode and have it stay there? Or should I just try to find an old-style faucet and buy one of those adapter thingies that you screw on the end of the spout?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone know of a kitchen faucet that can lock in spray mode?

This one does locks on. I just checked it. We've had it for a while and it is my favorite kitchen faucet ever. The spray is too powerful for me to leave on but may be Ok for you. It is great for blasting out the sink when cleaning it.

KOHLER K-13963-CP Elate Pullout Kitchen Faucet, Polished Chrome

Here is a link that might be useful: KOHLER K-13963-CP Elate Pullout Kitchen Faucet, Polished Chrome

o

Our faucet locks in spray mode, but it is a High Arc. It is made by Newport Brass and is the Jacobean model.

Here is a link that might be useful: Newport Brass Link

o

Kohler Forte

o

The Delta Pilar pullout locks on spray or flow; it's a high-arc faucet, but I imagine it's not the only Delta faucet with a locking pullout.

o

My Delta Leland faucet locks in spray mode...and it is high-arc.

o

It's a pullout not a pull down but my Rugby does that.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread about the rugby faucet

o

Brizo Solna locks in the spray mode. Doesn't automatically reset when you turn faucet off either.

o

My 2 year old Kohler Karbon is in spray mode most of the time-until dh pushes a button and it streams. It does everything I could dream of and then more. It is articulating so it goes everywhere.

o

I have the blanco culina that locks into spray.

o

Thanks, all.... I'm checking them all out this morning!

o

The Waterstone 5300 and 5400 models will both lock in either mode and the faucet head will also lock in the home position and will never "dangle" like most do.

o

Kohler Vinnata and Brizo Solna both lock in spray mode.

o

I have a another Delta with a rocker switch for spray, so you can keep it on spray. I leave it there most of the time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Simple pull out Delta faucet

o

My Kohler Vinnata does, the spray works really nicely.

o

Kohler Simplice does. Forceful spray, too.

o

Brizo Venuto also locks in spray mode.

o

I have a Whitehaus Metrohaus. It is supposed to revert to normal flow after turning the water off, and, as delivered, it did. However, both lascatx and I have experienced that, within a month or so, it no longer does that. Instead, it stays on spray, like you want!

o

Comment on the Waterstone - you do have to engage it each time but it latches once engaged. WS is in the process of redesigning the head and I am waiting for one of the new ones - for now, I lost my head... OK - I have a different head that doesn't latch...
But I still love my WS!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here