Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amspinn

Kohler whitehaven farmhouse sinks--

Ann Marie Spinner
10 years ago

I am deciding on my sink and have been reading everything -good and bad-about farmhouse sinks. I understand that the kohler whitehaven farmhouse sink slopes away from you instead of straight down. Have you found this to be a problem? Any other input would be appreciated! Thanks.

Comments (43)

• superpoutyduck
    10 years ago

I have the 36" model and absolutely love it.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

That 's the one I am getting also tmunson. It is sitting in a box in my living room just waiting to be installed.

• HammerMom
    10 years ago

I have one in a box in our garage waiting to be installed, so I can't comment but am interested in replies from those who already have theirs in. I've only seen one installed in person and didn't notice this feature.

• superpoutyduck
    10 years ago

It's a beautiful sink; one of the first things people comment on in our new kitchen. I love washing dishes in it... But that could be from two months of doing it in the bathtub?

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So happy to hear such positive things! Anyone else? I need to make this decision this week. I think they are beautiful, but also contemplating the Blanco silgranite performa cascade. I know it's two different looks but either could work in my kitchen.

Any negative/positive comments about the sink sloping away from you instead of straight down?

• Tricia21
    10 years ago

I have the whitehaven and have no idea what you mean. It's a normal sink to me. I don't notice any sloping. I love it.

• Donaleen Kohn
    10 years ago

Mine is almost ready... one more week till counter top and plumbing. So excited.

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the replies.

Tricia21- On one of the threads I read someone's post stating that the sink sloped in and decided to go with the Shaw farmhouse. Then, of course, I started to mull that over since it has nothing about that on the website. Glad to hear you love your sink.

So far all the comments have been positive--that's a good sign!! Maybe I am closer to finalizing my decision.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

When I see pics of the Whitehaven installed I am so glad I went with a farm house sink. I think a regular sink would have also worked in my kitchen but I love the look of the Whitehaven.

• quiltgirl
    10 years ago

If at all possible, go to a showroom and look at the sink before you order it. The showroom I went to had both the Kohler Whitehaven and the Shaw sink displayed in a kitchen setting, so I could stand in front of each and get a feel for each one. The inner front wall does slope on the Whitehaven, and for me, it felt awkward. I felt like I had to stretch to reach the center of the sink and that was uncomfortable. I am short so perhaps that is a factor. At any rate, I am so glad I went and saw it installed before I ordered it. I also had read many good reviews of it here and it was my sink of choice until I actually viewed it for myself. I am not saying it is not a good sink. I am just saying that what is good for one person may not be for another. Find a kitchen design studio by you and take a look for yourself. Good luck!

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    10 years ago

quiltgirl- I went to a kitchen showroom that had a 33" kohler farmhouse on display. It did not seem to slope to me. The whitehaven dimensions are either 30 or 36 inch so it must have been a different sink or maybe one they don't make anymore. I will keep searching.

Has anyone else noticed the sloping sink or water dripping down the front?

• threegraces
    10 years ago

Have it, love it. We have the 36" and have had it for about a month now. I have not noticed anything about sloping or dripping. It just seems like a normal (gigantic and lovely) sink. It really looks great in our new kitchen and people always comment on it. I am 5'9" and my husband is 6'.

There are a couple of Kohler farmhouse models - Dickenson, Whitehave and I think one other.

• Donaleen Kohn
    10 years ago

I agree... go to a showroom. Touch it. Pretend. You may just fall in love, like I did.

• motherof3sons
    10 years ago

We have the 30" Whitehaven and loving it for 9 months now. You described the interior slope exactly. I placed our extra large cookie sheet in the sink at the showroom with no problems. It holds a grandbaby or two with lots of room! You will LOVE this sink.

• Madeline616
    10 years ago

We just put the Kohler Whitehaven into the kitchen I helped my parents design. Mom loves it, I love it. It's the best of all worlds--the durability of enameled cast iron and the beauty of a farmhouse.

Never noticed any type of slope or slant, and I'm TKO and can be very fussy about such details.

That said, I agree with the people who suggest going to the showroom. I spent a lot of time pretend cooking on several different ranges and pretend filling a few different DWs. It's worth it.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

My Whitehaven was just installed today. I love it. It is so pretty. I am short and it seemed a tad low, but still way more comfortable feel than my old sink. I can't wait to get the plumbing done but can't do that until the granite comes in.

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the positive comments. I think I am going with it. It is just tough for me to "pull the trigger" without rehashing it a million times! So many decisions but I am almost done. Now what faucet to get with the sink. I was reading somewhere to make sure the spout extends into the sink enough since the sink is wider than regular undermounts. I know I am not getting a bridge, but rather a front mount single lever faucet--but I guess that will be another thread! Thanks again for all the comments on the whitehaven!

• AboutToGetDusty
    10 years ago

Love my Whitehaven 30", installed and in use for almost a year already! It's a beautiful workhorse :-)
    What slope?
    Donaleen - looking good! Can't wait to see the finished kitchen!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Maybe consider a Waterstone. It is a bit pricey but goes so well with the Whitehaven. See attached pic of mine.

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Holly-kay-- your faucet is beautiful! Will have to look into that and see if it's in my budget. Just sent you an email regarding your appliances.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Cookingbuff I got your email but you haven't given permission for gw to let anyone reply via email. I think you have to go into your profile and enable email there or email your addy to me so I can reply about appliances.

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Holly-kay, Sorry, should be able to send me an email now. Just fixed it. Thanks.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Just sent you an email cooking!

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Holly-kay,

I did not get the email. Here it is : amspinn@gmail.com. Could you please send it again. Thanks.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Cooking, Here is another faucet that I think is so beautiful. It comes in other finishes but this one is my favorite.

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Holly-kay-- love it! Is that a waterstone too? Do you know if the handle can be moved to the front? More questions--of course!!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

It is a Brizo and it would have been on the top of my list if I hadn't seen the WS the first day I looked at faucets. I will see what further info I can find!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Cooking, it is a Brizo model number 63003LF. I found it on efaucets.com but you can google the model number as well.

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Holly-kay--Thanks so much. I already googled it, asked if the lever can be installed facing front, and am awaiting an answer.

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The whitehaven sinks are beautiful! Thanks so much for the pics! I am getting excited.

2LittleFishes-- what faucet did you get? That's my next task--after finalizing the appliances!

• 2LittleFishies
    10 years ago

The Moen Woodmere:

• Ann Marie Spinner
    Original Author
    10 years ago

2littlefishes--beautiful faucet! Enjoy your new kitchen!

• ccfuss07
    10 years ago

Just had my Whitehaven installed this week and she is a beauty. I got the Kohler Bellera faucet with it and it looks great, plus it was reasonably priced (which offset my splurge on the sink).

Here is a link that might be useful: Bellera Faucet

• agodinez
    3 years ago

Hello, I know this was 7 years ago but I am in a similar situation and was wondering if you want with the white haven? Love it? Hate it?

• nycbluedevil_gw
    3 years ago

I have a white haven. Installed almost four years ago. I do love it but it is challenging to clean. Regular dish soap isn’t strong enough to brighten it up. I have to use sometching stronger, like Oxiclean, to get it really white. It’s sort of a pain to have to do that a couple of times a week. The grids are essential, at least in my view, but the foot pads leave stains that are almost impossible to get off.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago

agodinez:

The Whitehaven is a fine sink, but may be getting some competition from the Elkay Quartz Luxe shown here in Ricotta:

• theresa21
    3 years ago

@nycbluedevil_gw Have you ever replaced the pads? Will that help or is it just the nature of the pad that is staining the sink?

• Holly- Kay
    3 years ago

Nycbluedevil, I have a white haven sink that is seven years old. I also have the sink grids and the feet stain it but my sink looks sparkling white. I use Barkeepers friend on it.

• nycbluedevil_gw
    3 years ago

Replacing the pads and using BKF are both good ideas. Am considering a whole kitchen renovation and was thinking about moving the white haven to the laundry room. But I am definitely going to try your suggestions first!

• agodinez
    3 years ago

Thank you all so much! I would definitely be using the grids and BKF (love how brand new looking it keeps my SS pots and pans). I am tossed up between the whitehaven and Franke fireclay. Seems like you still get the beautiful farmhouse look with the whitehaven but with less possible issues.

• Holly- Kay
    3 years ago

I adore my Whitehaven. We are possibly going to be making a move soon and I will have another Whitehaven even if it means a total kitchen remodel.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago

Whitehaven gettin' some love.