Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Searching for a Range Hood

Posted by 1littleladybug (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 22:13

I am looking for a 36" Wall mounted Range Hood. We are a new build and I have already purchased a 36" pro style gas range top I would like to keep the hood around or under $1000. Please give me some suggestions. I am in a rural town and most people I speak with at our appliance centers do not know a lot about them.thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Searching for a Range Hood

When you say wall-mounted, are you looking for a power pack that inserts up into custom made wood cabinetry, or are you looking for the whole hood?

o

I'm in a decent sized metropolitan area and I wasn't able to find many hoods on display. I ordered my Kobe wall mounted/undercabinet hood from ventingdirect.com just based on the pictures and info online and recs on GW. It's great. There are sites with even better prices than ventingdirect. I would highly recommend Kobe. They are powerful, quiet, and well built, easy to clean, and most models can be adapted to a variety of vent widths. Kobe's customer service is also very helpful. The only warning I'd give about ordering a hood is that it's best to check it for dents at delivery before accepting it. I was able to open mine with the UPS guy there and it was fine.

There's a lot of info about hoods on the Appliances Forum.

o

just recently purchased a kobe 36" rangehood. i'm still 2 weeks away from installation though. can't comment on the hood yet but the seller, ventingdirect.com is top notch

good luck on your search

Here is a link that might be useful: Kobe RA0236SQB 36

o

My XO was just installed yesterday. I can't review it because it isn't hooked up yet. I believe the electrician will be in next week to hook some things up for me.

What I can comment on though is that the controls are in a great location and it will be easy to turn it on and off.

I don't care for the stainless finish on it as it is a very dull looking stainless. I will be looking for a stainless polish and I may consider taking it to have it powder coated at some point if I can't get the finish to look nicer.

o

WE went with Proline range hoods. It is not installed yet, but it looks great. WE got the 36" Bel-Air model.

Here is a link that might be useful: Proline hoods

o

I have a kobe also (a 30"). I purchased it on overstock.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here