Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kjtrom

Help on Kitchen Layout - Suggestions needed!

kjo_tx
9 years ago

Hi!

You guys might know that we're pretty into DIY (See bathroom post for my house here: Vintage Bath). Well, we've finished my vintage house and I need to post pictures, but my folks are now working on my sister's new Old House in Nashville, TN's East End. It's a 1914 brick, Georgian-inspired home.

The plan is for painted gray cabinetry, likely inset uppers and full overlay lowers.

We're having problems on the kitchen layout and could really use some input. Right now the whole house is down to studs with no plumbing and electrical so we've got the ability to place everything wherever in the kitchen space (The other walls/spaces are staying where they are).

Basics:
- 2 Butt kitchen. Both my sister and her fiance cook and my sister definitely bakes
- The windows on the right of the room go low to the floor. They are original to the house and we don't want to shorten or replace them since they are original. This obviously limits cabinetry therefore somewhat on this wall.

Here's the planned appliances to work around:
- 36" Bertazonni Range/Stove with proper vent hood
- No double ovens
- 36" Apron farm sink
- 24" Sharp
- 36" French Door full size fridge (We can recess into the wall wherever we put it)

Other wants/plans:
- They'd like an island, and sink in island - if best? Perhaps a space to slide one or two stools under the island
- Wine Bar (We were thinking around where the fireplace is, but would be open to wherever makes sense)
- Uppers will be to ceiling, stacked. Ceilings will be >10' tall
- Decorative wood hood above range
- Pantry space of some kind, either built in or cabinetry

Here's the blank kitchen floor plan:

And here's our most recent sketch up, but would love to see what you guys would do with this space.

Any input is appreciated - You guys think so outside the box and come up with great ideas, I'd love feedback since it seems like we're kind of stuck on ideas at this point and don't feel like we're maximizing the space.

Thanks!

Comment (1)