Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ordered ruvati sink - now double guessing - HALP!

Posted by Barcelonagirl (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 21:56

Ordered this sink form overstock for our kitchen remodel - we are doing granite all new appliances - painting cabinets. Just a refresh.
Anyway onto the sink - here it is:

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Ruvati-16-gauge-Stainless-Steel- 34-inch-Double-Bowl-Undermount-Kitchen-Sink/7029821/product.html?fp=f& CID=212991&token=212991-2129912013062013717209662291358655821513509856 -1-094772

I don't have a prep sink so I thought I would not want a single. Now I am double guessing my decision because I am wondering how the sink will look mounted under my granite. Will the curved bigger sinking bug me because it is not symmetrical? Does anybody have this sink?

Also if I decide to return am I going to have to pay $$$$ to send back?

HALP I don't know what to do!

I do think functionality will be there - we are putting disposal on big side which will be great so I can have the right side (smaller sink) for clean stuff and veggies. But the looks? The looks have me worried.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ordered ruvati sink - now double guessing - HALP!

It looks like a nice looking sink. What did you like about it's looks before you ordered it? You'll have to pay return shipping to Overstock unless there is something wrong with the item.

o

I was thinking practically - I had some concerns about asymmetry but brushed them aside - now of course I am fraking because I have to et granite cut to go with it!

It's 35 lbs so I would guess I would spend close to the $225 I paid on shipping :/

o

I was thinking practically - I had some concerns about asymmetry but brushed them aside - now of course I am fraking because I have to et granite cut to go with it!

It's 35 lbs so I would guess I would spend close to the $225 I paid on shipping :/

o

Are you worried it won't look good because one bowl is bigger than the other? This sink shape is quite popular. In fact if you search for "undermount sink" in Google Images, its the most common image you get. Here are some images to help you get an idea of what the sink will look once installed in granite. The extra space that you have behind the smaller bowl is where you put your faucet and soap dispenser.

o

additional image

o

one more

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here