Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marble is in!

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 21:55

They did not drill for the faucet today and the counter cabinet in the corner is not installed, not the window sill. But, you get the idea. I have to get over the pitting though it really bugs me. There was a small chunk missing at the bottom of the back splash on the window wall. They filled it in with caulk. You can sort of see in the photo. Is it bad or do I need to ignore these things?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marble is in!

Any thoughts?

o

Here is another view

o

Another

o

Gorgeous!

o

The marble is beautiful! Love the color of the cabinets too.

Enjoy!

o

Thanks! The cabinets look very aqua here, but in person they are a pale light blue.

o

That marble is gorgeous! What kind is it?

o

Wow. Absolutely beautiful. I didn't want someone to tell me, but you may have to get over some things with marble. Ours has been in for over a month now, and we have some etching and scratches already. If you have pitting, it probably came from the mill that way. The small gap can be hidden behind a plant, vase, cutting board, or something. My short experience with our marble counters is we love them, and the flaws is just part of having marble.

o

I think once the caulk dries you won't notice it (much). The counters are so delicious!

What wall color did you choose. It's coming together beautifully.

o

Yup - marble is natural stone and easy to chip, so don't sweat those small imperfections. We have marble counters and have different little pits, a chip around the sink etc. and would put marble in over and over again.

That caulking will mellow with age. It's noticeable right now because there's nothing else in the kitchen and it happens to be on a dark spot of the marble.

If you were really particular about it you could probably pick out that area of the caulking and replace it with a slightly darker shade, but I'd just move on and you'll stop seeing it as the kitchen comes together.

o

Thanks all. The marble is Montclair Danby. The cabinets and walls are Farrow and Ball Light Blue. :)

o

So pretty!! I love your marble! I have marble, and it isn't perfect, and that is ok!! It is a natural stone, and to me, being "real" is more important than perfect! :) (at least that is what I tell myself when looking in the mirror, lol!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here