Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clerkshipwanted

pitt cooking - burners

housebuilder14
9 years ago

has anyone every used/see these burners? thoughts
for those who haven't - they basically are installed right on your countertop material - there is no "cooktop" it looks cool but i would be worried about heating up the countertop and cleaning.

Comments (169)

• Prad
    2 years ago

@ericap77 - Great pictures. I am planning to install Dempo as well. Plan is to use Cambria however I am not able to find a GC in Philadelphia area willing to do that. Also how much width did you have under cabinet mine is 34.5 inches. Contractors I found are hesitant to install Pitt with Cambria due to warranty issues.

• kellie888
    2 years ago

@chkchkchk Thank you so much for these details. I appreciate your time and effort. Will keep u posted on next steps. We had to sign the waiver for the warranty though for Caesarstone and not the fabricator.

• allaip
    2 years ago

On PITT website, there is a downdraft hood with matching countertop panel on it. Does anyone know who makes that product? Has any experience/feedback with that? Thank you

• Prad
    2 years ago

Hi @chkchkchk - Happy New Year. How are you liking your new Pitt Dempo system. Please let us know your feedaback and if you have any lessons learned that you can share with us for the installation, We are planning to move forward with this and requesting to see if you have any inputs. Thanks again !!

• kellie888
    2 years ago

Here is summary of our overall experience with installing the Colo in 30mm thick Caesarstone after agreeing to void the warranty on the slab. We gave the fabricators the pdf guide and also highlighted the notes on the paper template regarding the hole cutout quality. Unfortunately, these were not followed and the holes were raw water-jet cut, with jagged edges and no chamfer. We were on a deadline so did not send the slab back to the shop and instead opted to polish and chamfer the holes ourselves with some diamond grit pads, a right angle drill, and water. It wasn't hard to do and took a few hours.

For the installation, we used heat sink compound to stick the heat spreader to the bottom of the slab and then installed the Colo per the instructions. It's been about a month and we haven't had any problems with the slab. Almost all of the heat goes up, and with the smoothed holes, there aren't stress concentrating corners, so we aren't anticipating any issues.

@chkchkchk we had a similar problem with one of the knobs, but it was easy to resolve by using a razor blade to pull up the knob seats to reposition them. It was important to check turning the knobs all the way before sticking the knob seats down because they can move a little as you turn in the pressed down position. (that should have been in the instructions).

One other thing to mention is the igniters need to stay activated for about 5 seconds with the flame on before releasing due to the safety mechanisms in the gas valves that need to detect the heat. We had a problem with one of the burners not staying on, but Louis sent us a replacement thermocouple which was easy for the installer to replace and now everything works great.

• PRO
    Greenwich Construction, LLC
    2 years ago

Dear Ace, I don't know who you are or where your are but ALL your statements are completely incorrect. We carry ALL parts here in the US. We supply all of our service technicians parts kits will ALL required parts. We include complete service videos to all who ask. If we can't repair a unit we replace it within 24 hours. We pay ALL technicians promptly. I personally resent you calling me a lier. We take great pride in ALWAYS ensuring that our customers are satisfied. This is very important to us. We have no idea why you are trashing us. Feel free to identify who you are.

Louis Van Leeuwen, CEO PTT Cooking USA.

• PRO
    2 years ago

I think I know who you are. You continually lied to our customers about when you would show up.

You also overcharged us by a huge amount. We now use a very large, highly respected service provider in the greater Los Angeles area. Be careful of accusing people in public of things that are not true. Our relationship with you was awful Alex. If you want to take this public, I'll be glad to do so.

• HU-480742635
    last year

Pitt cooking looks so fresh and cool, considering it to be part of my kitchen that I am currently renovating in my Miami Beach home .... but after reading the above discussions, I am now having second thoughts on Pitt cooktops.... thank you all, pretty helpful in my decision making.

• Ivy Grelewicz
    last year
    last modified: last year

Im interested in installing a Pitt Dempo. The fabricator said it will cost 4500 more for fabricating the holes. Can anybody tell me what they paid. I was floored about the additional cost.

• kellie888
    last year

@Ivy Grelewicz we didn't get charged extra at all ... they're just taking advantage of you because this is a cool product.

• PRO
    last year

Hi Ivy, that is absurd please find another fabricaror

• chkchkchk
    last year

I can't tell you what the hole installation would be as our invoice did not itemize this. However this seems outrageous to me. Where are you based, if you don't mind me asking?

• Ivy Grelewicz
    last year

Portland Oregon

• chkchkchk
    last year

Yeah, no, that quote is insane. Knock a zero off that number, that's where I'd guess based on where you're located. Agree with Kellie888 - I suspect they're upcharging you massively because they think you can pay it. Unbelievable.

• Soph
    last year

We are interested in getting Pitt burners but someone mentioned that they are not practical, are a headache and can ruin our countertop. Does anyone have them? Any information on the above concerns, practicality and maintenance would be helpful!

• PRO
    last year

hi Soph, not sure why they think they are a headach They work in any countertop except wood and formica very easy to clean. hope thithis helps

• Lara H.
    last year

@Soph I have been looking for more feedback and reviews as well but have come up short. i too hope someone that has them can share their experience

• PRO
    last year

Ehat exexactly woukd you like to know?

• Kim Haschek
    last year

I've been using my Pitt burner for 18 months now and love them! Easiest cooktop I've ever had to clean or use. We have them in a concrete benchtop, which has stained but I think that's because we didn't use the right sealer and it's stained all over so we're just embracing the patina effect now ὠ9  everyone that see's our kitchen comments on them. LOVE them!

• Prad
    last year

Hi Kim Haschek - Thanks for the feedback on Pitt. Is it possible for you to share some pictures. Thanks.

• PRO
    last year

Hi if you go to the website you’ll see lots of great pictures

• Kim Haschek
    last year

@prad

• PRO
    last year

AbsAbsolutely beabeautiful

• Lara H.
    last year

@Kim Haschek thank you for sharing. so glad you are liking them. i am most concerned about spill over being hard to clean and ruining my countertop. i think ill be ok with granite. thanks again - looks great

• Soph
    last year
    last modified: last year
    1. @Kim Haschek thanks so much for sharing these pics. My concern would be spill overs as well. Have you experienced that yet? They absolutely look gorgeous.
  • PRO
    last year

Depends on the material you use The new man made materials are 100% spill proof

• Prad
    last year

@Kim Haschek - Great pics. How do you like the Pitt Cooktop. Any feedback. Thank You !

• Kim Haschek
    last year

I love them! Nothing at all I could complain about, I rave about them to everyone 😆

• PRO
    last year

Thank you we are thrilled that you are enjoying you PITT

• nycchadwick
    last year

Hi @chkchkchk and all - curious if you are having any issues with the Caesarstone and Pitt regaridng heat resistance and color change to the quartz? Thanks!

• HU-227031627
    last year

Did anyone compare these burners to Invisacook before buying?

• PRO
    last year

You are comparibg apples to oranges

• HU-227031627
    last year

If you mean comparing cooking with gas (Pitt) to cooking with induction (Invisacook), then yes, you are correct. But that is only part of the decision. I don't think people are purchasing Pitt solely because they believe it is the best gas burner unit available. I imagine that their primary motivation for purchasing Pitt is to minimize cleanup and minimize the visual distraction of the burner "mechanics," so that the kitchen has a sleeker countertop appearance.

The selling points of both Invisacook and Pitt are to minimize cleanup and minimize the visual distraction of the cooking "mechanics," so that the kitchen has a sleeker countertop appearance. So, my question is whether people may have compared the Pitt unit to the Invisacook unit before purchasing the Pitt unit, and if so, I would be interested in their rationale for choosing Pitt.

• HU-202516362
    last year

To HU-227…. I hadn’t heard of that cooking option before. For me, it would be impractical because I’m sure I’d burn myself on a hot pan not realizing it was on a burner. Also, on the website, the countertop material you can use seems limited. The pictures are nice in the video, which comes across as a PowerPoint, but they don’t show it actually being used. Is this a true product or a concept?

• HU-227031627
    last year

Invisacook is a true product, but I believe it has only been out around 3 years or so. From what I understand, you can use Dekton, granite, or porcelain as the countertop material. Marble can be done but is not recommended because of the resins in the stone. There are some videos on Houzz showing the Invisacook in use. The Houzz blog (attached below) discusses the pros and cons and has some actual owners giving feedback. Having the unit wired for 220 volt rather than 110 volt is apparently very important to having the unit function properly.

Personally, I would love to install Invisacook when I do my kitchen remodel which, given my difficulty in finding a builder, is going to be awhile anyway. So I have time to evaluate the situation. The fact that Invisacook is so new and the company is not a big name make me nervous. Switching over to induction cooking (Invisacook is induction) would also be something that I would have to get used to and makes me a bit more cautious about it. Still, the idea of a beautiful countertop without a range or electric/induction cooktop spoiling the look is very appealing.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5995794/invisible-induction-reviews

• HU-202516362
    last year

Interesting product but have no regrets going with PITT: partial to gas and cast iron pots and pans. I’d be interested in knowing the cost.

• HU-227031627
    last year

I have not personally checked out the price. One of the people posting on the Houzz Invisacook blog said that they paid $3,200 for a 5-burner unit (it also comes in 1-burner, 2-burner, and 4-burner models--the 5-burner model is new). The firm installing their Invisacook apparently is located 70 miles from their house, so installers are sticking the people with a $1,600 installation fee. I don't know how that compares in price to Pitt or other cooktops/ranges.

Some folks are using the 1-burner model on their island to keep a dish warmed up during parties. So, those folks who love cooking with gas can install Pitt in the cooking area of their kitchen and have a separate Invisacook unit installed in their island.

• HU-202516362
    last year

Great information on the pricing. Thank you. The price aeems reasonable. The installation charge, not so much. My contractor installed the PITT. No special installers needed. It was a really easy installation. I’d like to know how to use a wok or char corn or peppers on the Invisacook. Charring is such a great way to add flavor to foods.

• HU-227031627
    last year

Saw the Pitt displayed at the Boffi showroom in Chicago. The owner/manager of the store said she had one at home and really liked it. It is a head-turner! Looks great! Glad it is working for you.

When I was at the Gaggenau showroom, they had a "wok ring" that permitted a wok with a rounded bottom to be used on either an induction or electric cooktop. Maybe someone who didn't have gas could use a creme brulee torch to char things.

I read a review on Houzz where the homeowner did not want a natural gas cooktop but wanted a propane cooktop because of the difference in cooking. I'm not much of a cook, and those differences would be lost on me. But I can appreciate that individuals who like to cook want certain features and know how to use them to great advantage with their culinary skills. I'm more of an aesthetics person. I want things to look pretty. I also want them to work well, but no one is going to rave about my cooking no matter what cooktop I'm using sadly.

• HU-78990868
    last year

Hello my name is Rodney and i live in Australia i so want to install the pitt system to our house but it is ridiculous on how much they want for a 5 burner system may i ask how much have you guys pid for your systems as i have been qouted 7k

• HU-697581784
    last year

We are a countertop fabricator. We have a customer asking about installing a PITT system. We use granite and also carry all the brands of Quartz. Our concern is the heat on the countertops. Quartz is more sensitive to the heat than granite. Assuming the burners are well insulated for the heat in the countertop, we are also concerned with the flame or radiating heat coming down from an oversized pot on the stove. Thoughts?

• HU-202516362
    last year

Hello. My Pitt butners are installed in Quartzite, which is very similar to granite. I have used my burners for about two years with no issues at all regarding heat. The granite will get warm when a pot has been heating for a long time (like when you’re making tomato sauce) but you can still rest your hand comfortably on the natural stone beside the burner. I don’t know how quartz reacts regarding heat.

• Todd C
    last year

We are in escrow on a house in LA that has installed new PITT burners into a travertine counter. I was worried about the heat transfer. During the house inspection I brought a big pot with me and boiled water for about 30 min. I checked the counter near the burner with a laser thermometer gun and it read only 89 degrees F.

• HU-202516362
    last year

Congratulations on your new home! Not sure if this info helps: I have quartzite (natural stone) countertops and PITT burners. The quartzite material does get very warm during long cooking sessions, but I am still able to rest my hand comfortably on the counter next to a pot of tomato sauce simmering for 5 hours. I’ve had my burners for about three years and there have been no issues.

• littlealilulu
    last year

Are there issues with getting pots or pans on and off the PITT burners?

It appears that a pan is balanced atop the burner, requiring lifting it on and off.

If a pan needs to be rapidly removed from a burner, it can't be slid across the grates that would cover a conventional cooktop. Would you just push the pan onto the countertop?

I'm debating getting PITT burners but I'm worried about this aspect.

• HU-202516362
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

You would have to lift a pot or pan off the PITT burner. You cannot slide a pot or pan onto an adjacent burner due to the spacing of the burners.

• Prad
    11 months ago

Hi all - I want to install Pitt burners on the outdoor kitchen on deck. Any experience with that ? Please advise. Is there a cover to protect the burner from elements like rain etc. Thanks.

• HU-202516362
    10 months ago

Hello. Installing them outside without a cover (such as a roof on a covered patio) would not be advisable. Even if you do install them outside under a roof, you’d probably want to invest in some form of cover. You could have a sheetmetal shop fabricate a custom cover.

• Todd C
    8 months ago

I have a PITT 48" 6 burner for sale. I rearranged my kitchen and had to put in a different cook top. It has never been used.

https://offerup.co/DkRVZpRwpBb