Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sue_ct

Countertop is in! Zodiac Cappuccino

sue_ct
15 years ago

Had my countertop installed today and they did a great job! I will post photos when the kitchen is done, still have the floors to be sanded and finished and some finish work on cabinets after that. They did an awesome job. The seam is as close to invisible as I have ever seen in quartz, I think they even impressed themselves. :) The counter top was perfectly flush with the wall or within 1/16" (1/8" max, but I doubt that) all the way around and they caulked nicely, so no need to even do a backsplash until I am ready. The did the Dupont edge, and where I was not thrilled with how close to slide in range the curve of the edge was, and it looked like it stopped leave room for a backsplash near the wall, this guy took the countertop outside (in 95 degree heat!) and hand ground a perfect Dupont edge so skillfully that I can't even feel where the old edge done on the C&C Machine used to end. I know someone here had problem with NBC Solid Surface charging a high fee to do a repair, but I have to tell you, you won't find more skilled workers than I had today. At least one person thinks NBC SOLID SURFACE ROCKS! I hope at lest one of them reads this forum. :)

And guess what? Not ONE blotch on the entire countertop!

To top off the day, I got a call from work - the 8 hr day shift position I have been wanting and waiting for is mine! By the end of July there should be no more mandatory 12-15 days for me, unless I volunteer. :)

Life is good today. Hope everyone has been having as good a one. After my crying post last week, you all must wondering, but no, no major psychiatric history to explain these mood swings, just a week in life of a TKO!

Sue

Comments (8)