Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rufinorox

FINAL kitchen Pictures ... thanks for all your great ideas.

rufinorox
13 years ago

here are the final pictures of the kitchen.

thanks to all for your support!

Comments (47)

• bostonpam
    13 years ago

Beautiful - I especially love the backsplash and the floor. What is the floor? We need details. Congrats!

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

rufinorox...that looks sooooo pretty! I bet you are pleased with it! I love the calmness of your granite...your backsplash is glittery gorgeous...people will want details for sure!

KA:)

• jsweenc
    13 years ago

rufinorox, CONGRATULATIONS! (I AM shouting!) So happy to see your finished kitchen. I've told you all this before and I'm happy to say it again: the backsplash looks amazing with the gorgeous cabinets; the green paint is such a great contrast to the cabinets; the granite is perfect with everything; the slate floor is a nice cool touch to the whole thing; and all your little touches fit perfectly with the overall scheme. Now, sit back and enjoy.

(p.s., Good dog, Roxy!)

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm am so pleased with everything. Sorry I forgot to add the details.

Here you go ... also included picture of adjoining sunroom, which also was part of the renovation.

Kitchen Cabinets - Lowe's Diamond Lansing
    Appliances - Frigidaire Professional (microwave, stove and dishwasher)
    Refrigerator - Kitchen Aid Counter Depth French Door
    Wine Cooler - GE Profile 29 bottle cooler
    Sink - Ticor Undermount Kitchen Sink Stainless Steel 16 Gauge Single Bowl (overstock.com)
    Faucet - Grohe 32298 Ladylux3 Cafe, Sink Dual Spray Pull Out Faucet (homeperfect.com)
    Kitchen Floor - Alfa Lux Porcleain - color (lavagna) - charcoal grout
    Granite - Bianco Romano straight edge
    Backsplash - matte white Vallelunga Adriana, snow white grout, glass tile from glasstileoasis - Beige Frosted & Glossy Iridescent Blend 5/8" x 5/8"
    Pulls - Home Depot American Standard
    Paint - Olympic Weeping Willow (we had it made in Benjamin Moore)
    Sunroom Floor - brazilian Teak 5" planks - Lumber Liquidators
    Stools - Target

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

It really turned out great. I especially love your kitchen floor tile. Love how all your elements complement each other. Now you can sit back and enjoy!

• steelerfan_2010
    13 years ago

Very nice. I love dark cabinets and yours are quite nice - style & color. The paint is a great color and really works well in the room. Love the sunroom too with all those windows!

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

Bravo! It looks terrific!

• marthavila
    13 years ago

Very nice! Take a bow!

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

Wow...the backsplashes are a great impact...love the sparkle over the stove...beautiful. The whole project turned out so nice. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• eastbaymom
    13 years ago

Just lovely. A wonderful example of how to make the best of a small space, with style.

• pharaoh
    13 years ago

Very nice space. the kitchen, dining table, stools, windows everything is cohesive.

Love the stone!

When is the party ;)

• shelayne
    13 years ago

How beautiful! Everything goes so nicely together!

Way to go! Now relax and enjoy!

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you! The space was challenging, to those who saw the before pictures, but I'm happy our DIY project turned out just as we expected.

the party ... this weekend! just in time!

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

You know I love all those windows! What a great space. Stain on cabs is so warm and cozy and contrasts nicely with the cool sparkle splash. enjoy!

• prill
    13 years ago

looks beautiful. You did a great job.

• pricklypearcactus
    13 years ago

Love the combinations of those cabinets with that granite. Also love the floor. Great work!

• monkeymo
    13 years ago

Very nice! What did you do for the transition between your tile and wood...it looks shiny...did you use granite or marble there? I like it.

Also, how many inches is your overhang? We are only going to have 10-12 inches so am curious how much room you have.

• momand3boys
    13 years ago

Congratulations! Your kitchen is gorgeous! I love the color combination. What color are the Diamond cabinets?

• sammiecanada
    13 years ago

I am such a fan of dark cabinets and love your whole renovation. It all looks great. Really like the accent glass tiles you did which just gives it that extra nice touch.

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

Everything just looks so good together!

Enjoy the party this weekend; you certaintly earned it!

• nursetammi
    13 years ago

Very very pretty. You did such a nice job. I know you must be so relieved how everything came out.
    I was just looking at your painted wall by your bar stools and wondering if it may get dirty and scuffed with feet there all the time. I know my sis who had cabinets from Home Depot was able to order stained panels to cover certain areas and make it look like all cabinet. I wonder if you can order that from Lowe's or put a bead board there if you think that might go well with your decor. Just thinking ahead for you. Feet can be nasty.
    It really looks beautiful:)

• hellonasty
    13 years ago

everything looks very nice, congratulations! The backsplash came out just lovely. Love your floor!! Enjoy!

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

rufinorox,

You did it!!!!!! It looks great. All your hard work
    has come to a beautiful kitchen.
    Good job.

~boxer

• redroze
    13 years ago

Just beautiful Rufinorox!! Beautiful granite, beautiful floors, rich cabinetry, and the backsplash looks terrific. Congrats!! I love the way you "styled" the counters too...I've been kind of obsessed about that lately.

• doraville
    13 years ago

Love it! You have one of the most improved kitchens! Great choices! Enjoy.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm so happy to see so many wonderful comments.

monkeymo - we went with a black granite slab to transition into the sunroom, because there is a 2" drop. The overhang is about 9", we couldn't go any further because of the sliding glass doors, but it works, the penisula is large enough.

momand3boys - the color of the cabinets are Sorrel.

nursetammi - I've already heard from the DH about the marks on the wall. I try to be careful, but I may have to consider some type of panel, otherwise I'll be wiping dirt away.

redroze, doraville - thanks for the wonderful comments.

We are enjoying our new space and plan to have many family gatherings now that we've completed it. What to do next?

• julie94062
    13 years ago

Love it! Everything blends so well. What to do next? Well...nothing with the kitchen. It's done! How about a well deserved rest? Take a break and enjoy your beautiful kitchen!!

• needsometips08
    13 years ago

It looks great! That seemed to be a fairly quick renovation. You guys did a great job.

• rjr220
    13 years ago

Wow! You did such a fabulous job -- you've made such an inviting space! I remember those initial pictures after the demo, and wasn't there a snowstorm involved? And some really COLD weather? You've really warmed the place up. Fabulous!

• pugrolls
    13 years ago

Just gorgeous, rufinorox! Love the dark cabs/light Bianco Romano combo! You should be very proud of yourself.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

rjr220 - yes we went thru some challenges. I guess that's what happens when you gut a kitchen in the middle of winter. I still can't believe it when I see those old pictures... was that my kitchen? We've made a huge accomplishment and we are proud! So glad there is this web to show everyone.

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful! I especially like your cabs and the crown molding. Your granite & backsplash are great together--I like the glass tile bling! You've made a wonderful and functional space--enjoy!!

• tiskers
    13 years ago

Gorgeous, beautiful kitchen! You must be sooooo thrilled!!!!

• smccalifornia
    13 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! I would like to know where you got your dining set. Thank you.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

smccalifornia - you won't believe that set is almost 18 years old. I bought it from a local store in NJ, that's no longer there. The name of the company is Callagaris. Here is a website ... looks like the have a similiar set. Or google callagaris extendable tables and you'll see a bunch of them. Our table opens up to site up to 12 people.

http://www.modernessentials.com/viewitem.cfm/item_id/82#

• judydel
    13 years ago

Just beautiful! The cabinets are gorgeous!! I love the way the shape of the peninsula is repeated in the shape of the cabinets to the left of the range. And those windows!!!!!! Gorgeous eating area. What a beautiful view and so much natural light while you are cooking. Congratulations!

• smccalifornia
    13 years ago

Thank you rufinorox!

• houseful
    13 years ago

Beautiful job! It's very soothing. Love the wall of windows too.

• plumberry
    13 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! Where did you get the kitchen countertop chairs???
    Thanks,

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

plumberry - sorry it took so long to reply. I bought the stools at Target.

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

Very smart, very restrained, very good looking. Have a ball using this kitchen and sharing it with your friends and family. Thanks also for sharing with us.

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you florantha, I plan to! I'm loving it each and every day.

• elizpiz
    13 years ago

Looks wonderful! Enjoy it.

Eliz

• techmom1
    13 years ago

Awesome job! Love how the backsplash came out - I'm off to order mine this week... Enjoy your new kitchen!

• cardamon
    13 years ago

Rufinorox, your kitchen is beautiful, love the backsplash and the granite is so nice with cabs. I am envious of all your windows. Wish I had a wall of them like that. Well done and enjoy that first party in the new kitchen and many more nice memories.

• lisadlu
    13 years ago

rufinorox - Gorgeous! I LOVE the granite. How tall are your ceilings? I have 8' ceilings and may end the crown 2" short of the ceiling like you did. What depth is your bar overhang? It looks about 8", is that correct? That is what I am thinking of doing because I don't want it as a main eating area but for guests to perch during parties. If it is 8", is it comfortable? THANKS

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I can't believe when I saw emails still come in regarding my posts. Its been a while since we finished our kitchen. Thnak you for all your wonderful comments.

We're loving it ... I'm loving it. I'm in it everyday from making dinner to just hanging at the penisula afterwards to go thru my emails.

Techmom- good luck! you'll be so happy once you get past the backsplash.

Maggie - I LOVE all the windows it such a beautiful way to enlighten the room. Its great being able to see the outside garden from the kitchen. I was really concerned about the white countertops, but I'm so happy we went with the Bianco Romano. I think everything works well together and I'm thrilled how the backsplash turned out.

lisadlu- Thank you so much. As I mentioned the granite was my biggest concern, but I'm so glad we decided to go with it, especially continuing with the overhang. The overhang is alittle over 8" almost 9" Its perfect for just hanging at the counter or pulling up the stools. It also serves as a buffet station. Our ceilings are 8', personally I didn't want the crown flush to the ceiling. The cabinets would have been too high for me, I'm 5'4 and I can reach all the shelves. The space overall is a very comfortable space and it fuctions very well. One thing I would change would be the pull out garbage. I would have moved it over on the end on the penisula. I find that I work more often there, then by the sink, but when I'm by the sink its perfect. Oh well!

Good Luck to all who are still in the process.