Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
enright5

help me put it all together please!

enright5
11 years ago

Need some advice:

Kitchen remodel is just a couple weeks away and I have selected a creamy white paint for my cabinets ( same color as all my wood work in my home)

The island will be a dark espresso

The counters (Im 99% sure) will be Silestone Lagoon. Sure wish someone has gone before me with this so I could see a finished kitchen with this newer shade , but I had found close to no pics on GW or internet- Oh well someone has to be the pioneer right?!!

Although, I admit I am a bit worried that Lagoon will be too boring, I still always come back to it because it has the soft, simple, classic feel I like. As much as I love some of the careers marble alternatives out there (i.e.. Torquay, Rain cloud etc) I find Lagoon to be so subtle, but with a natural flow like a subdued or muted marble. Does that make sense? It has a quietness to it.

What has me at me now at a quandary is the tones I just realized I am grouping together. The Lagoon is definitely less white and more soft grey. Will this work with the creamy white cabinets I am painting? Sorry i don't have a paint color name for you- I am matching my wood work with a base board sample. I did check out BM Dove Whtie I read so much about on GW and it is a bit creamy than that shade.

I thought about possibly introducing a carerra marble subway back splash to slightly liven up the quietness of the Lagoon island and counters. I think this would work but I need some opinions.

Can I introduce the greys and whites of carerra marble to a creamy cabinet given he fact I will have a large element of soft muted grey in my coutners and island?

Below is a pic of the two cabinet shades and two samples of the Lagoon. I will post a close up shot of lagoon in another message- can't figure out how to upload more than one per message. I'll read the photo up loading link later tonight.

thank you!

Comments (9)

• enright5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

another pic of Lagoon up close

• enright5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

another shot of Lagoon

• enright5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Last one I promise! It looks very matte or honed but it actually has a nice sheen to it similar to marble.

• bahacca
    11 years ago

I think it will look very lovely, clean and open up a TON of possibilities for your backsplash. SOmething that is more subdued on the counters will allow you to have fun with the backsplash.

• beeps
    11 years ago

Thanks for the beautiful pics of Lagoon! I may just have to switch to that for my bathroom tops. I'd selected the Bianco River but it seems just too bland. (And I'm considering Lyra, and Torquay, and a few others.) But that actually looks like it has some sparkle/shimmer to it and some pretty veining. I like it! A lot!

As for the grayness of the Lagoon and the Cream of the cabinets - I am having to pull together gray, white, and cream and have been looking at tiles that will do so. The pic shows one that will, it's glass and stone from Manhattan glass - in color Tribeca. But, I'm sure you will have tons of possibilities. There are so many beautiful glass, and glass and stone options out there. Unless the Carrera matches your cabs, my guess is something else may be better at pulling your colors together. And I have no idea how the veining in the Lagoon would work with Carrera. :) Good luck!

• claybabe
    11 years ago

Maybe you can pick up a few samples of carrera to put next to your other choices. It won't be the same as when things are up on the walls and cabs are in, but it will give you some idea about the color.

• enright5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will pick up some carerra marble back splash samples today and see what they look like with the cabinet color and the Lagoon.

I wish I felt 100% confident with the counter top choice, maybe because I haven't seen it in a large piece that is what has me so unsure. I just don't want to make a mistake. Part of me just wants to cancel my Lagoon order march to Home Depot and order the Carrara marble that goes with everything.

I must take a deep breath and breathe.......all will be fine:)

• kompy
    11 years ago

Enright, How did you end up liking the Lagoon? I ordered it for my bathroom top....getting installed after Christmas!

• geansmarie
    11 years ago

Hi! I would also love to know what you ended up picking Enright! I will be making a similar decision this year.