Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you have Hansgrohe faucet in Steel Optic?

Posted by beekeeperswife (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 20, 09 at 21:29

The faucet drama just keeps on going...I think I really like the Hangsgrohe Allegro, pull down faucet & pot filler in Steel Optic. I read one post that mentioned the color of the steel was "darker" than other stainless steels. If you have this faucet, can you tell me how it looks with a stainless sink? I also would like to know if it has a "yellow" undertone to it. The Delta ss faucets seem to not be the right color for me. (I love the Grohe finish but due to the recent realization of how expensive the vent hood is going to be, I think we aren't even going down that road!)

Also, if you have it, how is the quality? Is the faucet too tall? It says it measures 16" high!

Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you have Hansgrohe faucet in Steel Optic?

I have the Hansgrohe High Arc in steel optik. We love it. The finish looks great with my stainless. If it's a different tone, I haven't noticed and that kind of thing generally bugs me. As for being yellowish... not at all. It's not satin nickel (warmish) looking... it's cool, like stainless steel. Their quality is great and they have great customer service. They've helped me with two issues I've had (replacement bottle for cracked soap dispenser plastic bottle and changing to a different handle style for the "new kitchen")... I know, new handle style?? overkill probably, but it meant something to me LOL!

o

I have the Hansgrohe Allegro gourmet in Steel optik, and it is definitely fine with the SS sink. It is not yellow at all. I dont remember if the "non gourmet" Allegro is shorter than the Allegro gourmet that I have, but mine is NOT too tall. It was intimidating looking out of the box, but installed, it is great to have the reach and height. I have had it a bit over a year, and I still love it. Photo colors are always questionable on a computer monitor, but here you can at least see how the sink and faucet look together. This was when I first installed it.

Photobucket

o

Here's mine. I've had it over two years with no problems at all. It matches the stainless sink very well.

Photobucket

o

I have a Hansgrohe steel optik high arc with a KWC stainless soap dispenser and a Blanco ss sink. All look fine together and I can't see any difference. No yellow tones. I've had it over 4 years, light use - no special care and looks like new.

o

We have a Hangrohe pullout faucet in steel optik. It is slightly different then stainless steel but matches well.

Here is a picture:

Sink Faucet

o

As far as quality goes, I have the Allegro Gourmet (different finish though) and have been quite pleased with its durability so far (almost a year). I enjoy it, it's a pleasure to use, and it's really huge! :)

Be sure it fits your space, then buy it!

o

JTS, is that giallo sabia granite? That's what we've picked, and it's really difficult to find examples of it...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here