Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twogirlsbigtrouble

Soapstone, Marble & Butcherblock INSTALLED!

twogirlsbigtrouble
14 years ago

Got the tops installed today. Im loving all of them. The soapstone looks a little greener in these photos than it does in real life. Anyway, you get the idea. Dont mind the cardboard floor :-)

(island skirtboard and legs arent stained yet)

Comments (28)

• erikanh
    14 years ago

Oh my goodness!! So gorgeous. You must be absolutely thrilled! I'm salivating over everything especially your butcher block. =)

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

OMG... I don't know which I love the most. A little bit of everything I love... PERFECT!

• alice462
    14 years ago

I am SOOO doing the happy dance for you!!! I, I, I, just don't even know what to say -- it just blows me away! LOVE IT ALL and love it all together! No clashing, every element absolutely complements the next and how exciting to have it all IN YOUR KITCHEN! Congratulations!

• pluckymama
    14 years ago

WOW! I am so happy for you. After much deliberation, you have chosen so well. IT IS BEAUTIFUL!

• jejvtr
    14 years ago

Oh wowza Mom2

So happy for you! I can see your big smile - enjoy keep the pics coming
    Your space is really coming together

• chachashea
    14 years ago

Looks great!

• Terry_NY
    14 years ago

Can I ask what soapstone you used and the source?

• elizpiz
    14 years ago

twogirls, it looks AMAZING!! I'm so excited to see it come together, and that's the venatino, right? It looks fantastic.

Getting closer!

Eliz

• marthavila
    14 years ago

Congratulations on reaching this rather major milestone in the kitchen reno journey! Not one, not two, but three different countertop surfaces and they all look grrreat! I can only imagine how you must be alternating between sighs of relief and woo hoos. :-> You go!

• steff_1
    14 years ago

Just beautiful. Really would like the source info on the butcherblock when you get a chance.

• lesmis
    14 years ago

Any one of those 3 would be beautiful on their own, but together...oh my... SO pretty!!! I love the stained island with the painted cupboards too!

Congrats!

Kat :)

• morton5
    14 years ago

Those are three caress-able surfaces, you must be in tactile heaven! I really do love a white cab/soapstone (and marble! and wood!) kitchen-- very nearly went that way. Your kitchen is looking wonderful. I can see your beautiful hardwoods peeking out from beneath the cardboard-- a glimpse of how it will all sing together!

• holligator
    14 years ago

Just beautiful!!! And I LOVE those runnels!! :)

• cheri127
    14 years ago

WOW, WOW, WOW. Totally gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! The marble is amazing and the butcher block absolutely beautiful.

• happy2b…gw
    14 years ago

I have to describe my reactions when I viewed your photos.

wow great kitchen cabs and comfortable layout
    Will ya look at that island?!
    oh my gosh the marble is soo beautiful but hold on that soapstone with runnels those veins - and the butcher block are fantastic

Everything goes together so well and creates such a warm rich and exciting kitchen. Congrats

• ludy-2009
    14 years ago

twogirls . . .who did your cabinets?

• rhome410
    14 years ago

SO exciting! It's all coming together so perfectly. The butcherblock is WONderful. I'm liking the idea of the deeper colored (not cream or white) subways.

• shelayne
    14 years ago

So so soooooo gorgeous! You must be doing the Snoopy Dance. I would be, if it were my kitchen. :^D

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Magical as they come together to form a gorgeous kitchen.
    ~boxerpups

• Stacey Collins
    14 years ago

Absolutely fantastic!!

Do you mind if I ask what the dimension of the island legs and skirt are? I am hoping to do the same on mine, and wondering about how hefty the legs should be (is it about 4x4, or fatter?) and how deep the skirt should be. Are the bottoms of the legs secured to the floor in any way? Yours looks just right!

Stacey

• lovlilynne
    14 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful - gotta love those high ceilings - when I saw the cut work above the door - what a great detail.

I second the request to know what kind of soapstone? Where did you get it?

• prill
    14 years ago

That's really beautiful... can't wait to see what you pick for a backsplash - any ideas yet? Priscilla

• twogirlsbigtrouble
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone! Its a relief to have come this far. I cant wait to see it all done. Still alot of little details that need finished.

pluckymama - MUCH deliberation for sure! LOL

terry_ny - We got our brazillian soapstone (no specific name for it) from Modlich Stoneworks in Columbus, OH. They fabricated and installed it as well.

elizpiz - Yep, its the Venatino ;)

steff_1 - The butcherblock came from Devos Custom Woodworking. Its Jatoba (brazillian cherry) End Grain. A little pricey, but it looks great.

ludy-2009 - They are Bertch Legacy cabinets. We bought them from Keim Lumber in Charm, Ohio. Our builder installed them.

rhome410- Yeah, I think I need some color. Couldnt have pulled this off without you!

staceyneil - The posts are actually 3 1/2 X 3 1/2. They are secured with some bracing underneath and I believe they also screwed them in under the floor from the basement. The skirtboard is 3/4" thick and 3 1/2 inches tall. Im glad it came out looking okay. Some of it was guesswork. Hope that helps!

lovlilynne - Info on soapstone above! :)

• katieob
    14 years ago

Wow!

Be honest-you got up super early this morning to go down & touch your counters...

They look amazing!!! Your kitchen is going to be spectacular!

Why, oh, why didn't I go with butcher block?

Congrats-can't wait for the hood.
    Katie

• cotehele
    14 years ago

Beautiful choices! Your kitchen is going to be fantastic.

• lovetoshop
    14 years ago

twogirlsbigtrouble- can you tell us where you bought your drawer pulls?

Thanks!

• timber.j
    14 years ago

Gorgeous countertops! I am inspired to get mine DONE-so far, only the butcherblock is in, and some temporary painted MDF on the perimeter. I don't know which of yours is prettier, the soapstone, the marble, or the butcherblock!

• viva99
    14 years ago

Sweet! Thrice blessed! Congrats and kudos!

I notice the butcher block sits up a bit higher than the marble. Is that a purely aesthetic choice? Or does it keep crumbs from gathering in the seam? Either way, it sure looks cool.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz