Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen faucet technology similar to Delta Touch2o?

Posted by razorbackfan (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 21:18

I have been looking at the Delta Addison kitchen faucet with Touch2o technology. Does anyone know if Kohler, Moen, Danze, etc., have similar technology to Delta's T2o? If so, what do they call the technology?

When I search for "hands free" and "touchless" technology, I get a lot of options for faucets that you just "wave a hand" at, which is not exactly what I want. I like the T2o that allows you to touch anywhere on the faucet and it turns on. It seems like the "hand waving" kind would be too sensitive to any movement in the area. Am I right about that?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen faucet technology similar to Delta Touch2o?

Grohe and Kohler have it too. In the end the reviews scared me away. Too many people saying it developed a mind of its own.

This post was edited by schicksal on Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 21:41

o

There are two newish faucet technologies for kitchen -- touch and sensor.

Kohler and Moen have sensor faucets.

Delta and Grohe have touch. Grohe's Ladylux Cafe faucet & Minta come with touch. Ladylux is one of the most popular faucets ever here at GW.

Kohler has sensor.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch

o

I have one of the first Delta's. I love it. No mind of it's own. It's 'just worked' from day 1. Only replaced batteries once in the life of it.

That being said, we're not going touch in our upcoming reno. The pros are great. But some of the reasons we're going without are it's a challenge to others who visit, it's a challenge when you go somewhere else and try to touch the faucet on (one of the RR at work has a high arched faucet and I do it every time), and we wanted something with a different look and more substantial.

I'm not planning on getting it right away, but I learned about Tapmaster on here. I'm going to live with the new sink/faucet for a bit, then decide if I want to give the Tapmaster a go.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tapmaster catalog

o

I have a question about touch faucets. We thought about getting one, but didn't, partly because....doesn't it come on at the temperature it was last at? If so, you have to touch it to change the water temperature anyway right? Isn't it a little dangerous if you turned off hot water, and then turn on expecting cold and get hot? Or does it always come on cold?

o

I've always believed that this technology is more for preventing the spread of germs and keeping messy hands off the faucet. Once you've rinsed your hands, you can then adjust temperature, etc,...with dripping hands, lol.

But I don't think even if the handle was all the way to hot that there would be serious risk of burning here. It would be rare to turn it back on within a minute or so of someone else running full 120 degree water.

This post was edited by rmtdoug on Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 13:51

o

We have the Moen MotionSense Arbor and it is probably my most favorite thing in the kitchen (along with the Silgranit sink!). Moen gives you the ability to turn off the lower, front-facing sensor while leaving the upper, wave-over sensor on. I kept getting my sleeves wet so I did turn off the lower sensor. The wave over feature is the bomb. So easy... I've not had any problems. I had the AC adaptor installed under the sink rather than the battery option. If power goes out you still have water--just not the motion function. Hope this helps. :)

o

Our hot water heater is so far from the faucet, unless it was just on a minute ago, it won't be hot for a while. :) I guess sometimes that's a pro?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here