Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
razorbackfan_gw

Kitchen faucet technology similar to Delta Touch2o?

razorbackfan
9 years ago

I have been looking at the Delta Addison kitchen faucet with Touch2o technology. Does anyone know if Kohler, Moen, Danze, etc., have similar technology to Delta's T2o? If so, what do they call the technology?

When I search for "hands free" and "touchless" technology, I get a lot of options for faucets that you just "wave a hand" at, which is not exactly what I want. I like the T2o that allows you to touch anywhere on the faucet and it turns on. It seems like the "hand waving" kind would be too sensitive to any movement in the area. Am I right about that?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Comments (8)

• schicksal
    9 years ago

Grohe and Kohler have it too. In the end the reviews scared me away. Too many people saying it developed a mind of its own.

This post was edited by schicksal on Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 21:41

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

There are two newish faucet technologies for kitchen -- touch and sensor.

Kohler and Moen have sensor faucets.

Delta and Grohe have touch. Grohe's Ladylux Cafe faucet & Minta come with touch. Ladylux is one of the most popular faucets ever here at GW.

Kohler has sensor.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch

• brightm
    9 years ago

I have one of the first Delta's. I love it. No mind of it's own. It's 'just worked' from day 1. Only replaced batteries once in the life of it.

That being said, we're not going touch in our upcoming reno. The pros are great. But some of the reasons we're going without are it's a challenge to others who visit, it's a challenge when you go somewhere else and try to touch the faucet on (one of the RR at work has a high arched faucet and I do it every time), and we wanted something with a different look and more substantial.

I'm not planning on getting it right away, but I learned about Tapmaster on here. I'm going to live with the new sink/faucet for a bit, then decide if I want to give the Tapmaster a go.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tapmaster catalog

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I have a question about touch faucets. We thought about getting one, but didn't, partly because....doesn't it come on at the temperature it was last at? If so, you have to touch it to change the water temperature anyway right? Isn't it a little dangerous if you turned off hot water, and then turn on expecting cold and get hot? Or does it always come on cold?

• rmtdoug
    9 years ago

I've always believed that this technology is more for preventing the spread of germs and keeping messy hands off the faucet. Once you've rinsed your hands, you can then adjust temperature, etc,...with dripping hands, lol.

But I don't think even if the handle was all the way to hot that there would be serious risk of burning here. It would be rare to turn it back on within a minute or so of someone else running full 120 degree water.

This post was edited by rmtdoug on Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 13:51

• Amy Sumner
    9 years ago

We have the Moen MotionSense Arbor and it is probably my most favorite thing in the kitchen (along with the Silgranit sink!). Moen gives you the ability to turn off the lower, front-facing sensor while leaving the upper, wave-over sensor on. I kept getting my sleeves wet so I did turn off the lower sensor. The wave over feature is the bomb. So easy... I've not had any problems. I had the AC adaptor installed under the sink rather than the battery option. If power goes out you still have water--just not the motion function. Hope this helps. :)

• brightm
    9 years ago

Our hot water heater is so far from the faucet, unless it was just on a minute ago, it won't be hot for a while. :) I guess sometimes that's a pro?

• Austin B
    8 years ago

I had the Delta Touch20 faucets in my last kitchen (main sink and bar) and they were awesome. In five years I only changed one set of batteries and they worked flawlessly. I need this setup because my daughter is short statured and she can reach to touch the faucet but not the handle (unless we move it, but we are probably not going that way as it would require a cabinet redesign). We are doing our new kitchen and I really like the look of the Ladylux, but I have two potential concerns after looking at the documentation and wanted to run these by the group.

1) The install looks pretty complicated versus the Delta. Is that the case?

2) Is it battery operated or a plug in? And if battery operated, what are people's experience in how long the batteries last?

3) Probably most importantly, is the entire faucet touch sensitive? I need the very tip to be sensitive as my daughter cannot reach the top or back. It looked like the end of the faucet may not be touch sensitive per a diagram I saw in the Grohe manuals.

4) What is the quality of the Grohe versus the Delta?

Thanks for your advice!

Austin