Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dcb1_2008

Finally Finished: Kitchen pics...

dcb1_2008
15 years ago

I want to thank everyone for all the help and advice! This forum has been so helpful. My kitchen is done and here are some pictures.

-Wolf DF304 range

-GE profile refrigerator

-Bosch DW

-GE microwave

-Kobe rangehood

-Glass tile backsplash 2" x 4"

-Delta Allora faucet

-Insinkerator instant hot

-Waste King disposal

-Cambrian Black Antiqued Granite

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (38)

• farmhousebound
    15 years ago

Beautiful kitchen. I love your backsplash - please provide details for the tile.

• boysrus2
    15 years ago

Well done! Love the view from your new kitchen into the window filled breakfast room. The layout made good use of an unusually shaped space. Those pendant lights - way cool. The glass tile is lovely, coordinates so nicely with your other finishes. Yes, please tell us about the tiles and the name/sizes of your cabinet pulls. Enjoyed your pictures!

• smilingjudy
    15 years ago

Oh, it's beautiful! I'd like to hear details about your pendants. Nice job!

• dcb1_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone. Here is some more info.

The glass tile is 2"x4" color is jade green. I got them from Best tile and they are the Precious Gems collection. I really like them a lot. The one thing I would say is to make sure that you buy all your tile from the same lot so the color matches. We had a bit of an incident where we had to stop half way through once we realized the next box didn't match the first couple. We also used epoxy grout that came out great, but was a real tough install job. Make sure you get the right tile person with lots of experience.

The pendant lamps were fairly inexpensive lamps from a company called mibo. I bought them at www.designpublic.com.

The cabinet pulls are stainless steel and made by Sugatsune. Most of the cabinet pulls are 8.5" long except the drawers that are mixed (5", 8.5", 14", 20")

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

classic, yet young and hip! nice work.

• amck2
    15 years ago

I really like your kitchen! It gives you lots of prep space and storage and your choices perfectly fit the space.

I especially like how your raised counter divides the work space from the dining area, but still allows people to sit and chat with the cook. Would love to peek around the corner and see the windowed breakfast room. It all looks well thought out and charming. Congrats!

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

Very nice!!!

• rhome410
    15 years ago

SO pretty! What a nice, light space to be in! Love the way it's open, but still separate.

• mmme
    15 years ago

Is that an Angela Adams rug...? Love it! (and everything else)

• diydevon
    15 years ago

its gorgeous! I love your tile and your lighting!

• loves2cook4six
    15 years ago

Lovely, warm and inviting. Looks like a great place to hang out for some coffee and a good chat.

Enjoy!

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Beautiful kitchen and I adore those windows!!

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    15 years ago

Oh, so pretty! Great choices! What a wonderful kitchen. I am so glad you shared it with us. Congrats on a job well done.

• lleet
    15 years ago

love the light fixtures and the fun back splash!

• don_chuwish
    15 years ago

Thanks for sharing, I like the way the corner space is used well in the "L" island - chopping off the outside corner and putting doors there is perfect. Drawers on the inside are so much better than a lazy susan too. This is one to keep for future reference!

- D

• vicnsb
    15 years ago

Congratulations on a great looking space!

• Laurie
    15 years ago

I agree with mamadadapaige....classic with a hip modern twist. Well done!
    What is the brand and the name of the mocha tan paint on the walls in the background?

• Jean Popowitz
    15 years ago

Congrats! What a lovely space! Enjoy

• dcb1_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The kitchen walls are painted with Benjamin Moore Berkshire Beige.

• starpooh
    15 years ago

May I archive your kitchen in the Finished Kitchens Blog? If so please submit the Category Checklist. Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB Category Checklist

• laxsupermom
    15 years ago

Beautiful job! Your kitchen is classic, yet so much fun. I love your backsplash and your pendants are so whimsical, but anyone with polkaspotted dish towels is probably going to make some really fun choices. Congratulations!

• sher_nc
    15 years ago

Very nice! I really like your backsplash too, very unique.

• Jean Farrell
    15 years ago

Beautiful! Love your light fixtures!

• amanda_t
    15 years ago

Nice job!! I love the mix of classic and modern elements. Especially your lighting.

I have a question, though, that's not strictly kitchen related... I love the windows in the adjacent room, is that your dining space? If you installed those, can you give me some information on them... manufacturer, dimensions.... I'm looking for something similar. Thanks!

Congratulations on your completed kitchen, it's beautiful!

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

I love the fun lights and subway tile color, and the creative layout! Beautiful kitchen overall! Enjoy!

• neesie
    15 years ago

The pendants and jade backsplash tiles are to die for! Love all the room and lightness....I'm sure your whole family will be very happy there. Enjoy!

• dcb1_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Feel free to submit the kitchen to the finished kitchen blog. I'm not sure how to do that.

• nymommy
    15 years ago

So pretty! Like everyone else said, love the backsplash!

• malhgold
    15 years ago

Great job!!! Not the typical layout. I love what you did with the space you have. All your personal touches really come together. Love the shots of color. I would smile every time I walked in this kitchen. Congratulations!

• boysrus2
    15 years ago

Did you purchase your Sugatsune pulls locally or on-line? Are they the 16 Series? Appreciate more info on them. Thanks!

• mrs-mjt
    15 years ago

Beautiful! So excited for you! Last night I was reworking my floorplan and came up with the very same layout as you have on your L-shaped wall (frig & cooktop, then D/W & sink on other wall) so it was soooo exciting to see your pictures on the forum today as it confirms the direction I'm heading!! I have a U-shaped kitchen with an island so the other leg of my U will have a pantry and double ovens.

Would you be willing to send me an email (click on my page) with the measurements of the following so I can verify that it'll work for my space?

1. What is measurement from L edge of frig to the sink wall?

2. What is measurement for landing area between frig & sink?

3. What is measurement for landing area R of stove to the bend in the L? What do you use the small drawer & cabinet to R of stove for? Did you have a lazy susan in the R corner?

4. I'm concerned about my frig & stove wall being too tight so wondering how yours is working for you?

5. What is measurement from wall where oven is to L edge of sink?

6. What is landing to the R of the sink?

6. How do you like microwave in your island (I'm considering that option if I don't do an over-the-range Microwave)? Thanks a bunch! Marla

• susanlynn2012
    15 years ago

dcbl, I love your kitchen so much. I also love your hardwood floors. What wood did you use and what is the finish on them.

• boysrus2
    15 years ago

Thanks dcbl for being so helpful! Your kitchen is so pretty that many of us are very interested in the details. A great compliment to you. Thanks again.

• boxiebabe
    15 years ago

Lovely cabinets and I LOVE those windows! Nicely done.

• gailrolfe
    15 years ago

I love your kitchen and so does DH so it helps in convincing him that maybe painted cabinets are the way to go rather than stained...thanks! I would like to second the requests for info on the windows and floors...love them!

• dcb1_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello. The wood floors are white oak with a satin finish.

The windows were actually in the house before the renovation and don't have a name on them so I'm not sure what they are.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

• paso
    15 years ago

That is just gorgeous...I particularly like the size of the pulls...where did you find them?

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz