Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Countertop decisions. Cambria Whitney - any pics?

Posted by beeps (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 21:05

Has anyone used Cambria Whitney? I'd love to see some pics if you have. I know I'm in the TKO forum, and I'm thinking of it for my bathrooms, but this forum has so much more traffic, many more people with great ideas, etc.

The rest of the house? I lean toward contemporary and I'm using Alaska White in the kitchen (and laundry because you can see both kitchen and laundry from many angles), Blanco Silgranit sink in Cafe Brown, Espresso cabs (or cafe with black glaze but leaning espresso), Prince & Dutchess silver flooring throughout (except carpet in bedrooms), satin nickle hardware, stunning square crystal pendant lights above the island, just to give you a flavor of the house. Although I lean toward contemporary I always have resale on my mind... given I'm never in one place for long.

One of my AW slabs with the floor tile in front...

I was thinking of the Cambria Bellingham, which I thought looked great with the floor and one of the shower tiles I'm thinking of using, but it seems too similar to the Alaska White. It has movement and the AW doesn't really, and the colors aren't all that similar, but there is just something that seems too similar... and I think it's the colors - taupe, black, brown, cream, and white. Maybe it is just too heavy for a bathroom?

Bellingham with shower tile and floor tile....

So, I'm now thinking of the Cambria Whitney. It is very different, and feels lighter being white with silver sparkles.

The pics online don't do it justice as they show it to be very flat, but this pic may show it the best....

The other option would be to go with a marble, which would be very pretty with the silvery gray floor.

Thoughts? Opinions? Other options? I think I have to stick with Silestone, Ceasarstone, or Cambria, or a granite or marble. Thx in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Countertop decisions. Cambria Whitney - any pics?

Hi beeps, we are actually thinking to use Cambria Whitney in our kitchen. Just wondering if you chose that one and what it looks like in a kitchen or bathroom...can't seem to find any pictures anywhere of it in a real room.

o
RE: Countertop decisions. Cambria Whitney - any pics?

Hi ninha - I am still wavering some... but think I'm going with carrara marble in one of the baths rather than the Whitney. Not sure about the other bath. (My house isn't built yet but I have to nail all my choices down immediately. :)

I too couldn't find any pictures. Well, one but you couldn't really see the countertop. I ordered the 15x15 sample from Cambria (or is it 12x12? Whichever...) and I really like it. The longer I've had it the more it has grown on me. It's funny but I'm actually a little sad thinking I'm not going to be using it, which makes me think I should!

Sorry I can't be more help. As you can see I didn't get any responses to the thread asking for pics so I'm assuming no one has used it. Which is odd because I've been told it's very popular right now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here