Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jgopp

You've seen my pics, now check out my kitchen video!

jgopp
10 years ago

I know some of you have seen my traditional white kitchen in photos before. Those are around the forum here and there. But I recently made a video of my kitchen which gives a better feel of how the space actually flows. Hope you guys enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: My kitchen video!

Comments (14)

• texasgal47
    10 years ago

Jgopp, I enjoyed the tour--much better for providing information than just photos. Perhaps you'll start a new trend on GW. You certainly managed to include many "whistles and bells" in a beautiful space.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Will have to watch the rest of it tomorrow--but what I watched so far looks very well done (the kitchen, which I have seen here on GW, and your video!).

• Ivan I
    10 years ago

Like the kitchen, not a fan of the video.

I wanted to see the whole kitchen for several seconds before diving into the details. The overview didn't come till the very end.

Felt like I was on a roller coaster when you swung the camera to the floor to describe it. I think everyone does that though on the first home videos they make.

• Sherrie Moore
    10 years ago

Great idea with the video! Beautiful job on your kitchen! Wish I could switch to the hickory wood floors on my kitchen remodel, but too late for me.

I will have to check out your before kitchen photos, but love the new kitchen!

• trudymom
    10 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen and loved the video. Floors, countertops, appliances, etc. all look gorgeous together. Congratulations!! Thanks for taking the time to do the video for us!!

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Very cool. Beautiful kitchen and nice job with the video.

• cocomac20
    10 years ago

Lovely kitchen! Would you care to elaborate on your disdain for Viking products? We have considered a cooktop for our new build and would love any information.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Beautiful kitchen and I liked the video...hope you started a trend!

• jgopp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

cocomac20: In regards to the viking stuff... that hood was sent to me without the proper fitting filter inserts, and no railing to even place the inserts on. I tried and tried and tried to have the company fix the issue and send me new inserts. Eventually they did send some, but once again they weren't able to be installed due to there being no railing, and even if there was a railing they were the wrong size. At some point they just stopped responding to my requests. I had to have my lawyer draft a letterhead document threatening to sue them if they didn't fix the issue. Only after that they sent a tech out who measured the space and was able to install the proper items. The customer service is horrendous, especially considering how much I spent on their product.

Also, the vent fan had an issue with a clicking sound on the vent top opening and hitting the side walls of the shaft (which I was told to place some weather stripping on to stop), but seriously why couldn't they have done that at the factory?

Lastly, the time controller on it has just simply stopped operating, I didn't use it very often anyway since it was kind of confusing to begin with, but it's just one more item that makes me sour of their products.

Thanks for the compliments on the video :)

• FmrQuahog
    10 years ago

I am green with envy at the excellent beer station. Nice work on everything!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

What a lovely kitchen! I enjoyed the video also. Thanks for posting.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Thank you for sharing.
    I forgot about your laundry and kegerator :-)

• function_first
    10 years ago

I liked the video tour, I think it'd be great if it became a regular thing around here. Thanks for the tour and for starting something new!

• jgopp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm glad you guys all seem to like it! I'd love for it to become a new thing.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths