Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hardware placement? Where is yours?

Posted by dermnp (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 20:47

Granite installed today!!!! So excited, the end is in sight finally. My cabinet installer asked me where I want the knobs. He thinks 3 1/2 inches up on the inset door, which looks fine on the lower upper cabinets but looks a little off on the 13 inch stacked cabinets. He is thinking we should go center on those. I am searching for pictures and most seem to be at the bottom corner of the cabinet. Need some advice and photos if possible. Thank you!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hardware placement? Where is yours?

I'm attaching a link to our completed kitchen to give you a better idea as to the knob placement throughout.
We chose the placement, very simply, by just reaching out, comfortably, to both upper & lower cabs and rounding to the nearest 1/8 inch.
The cabs above the fridge and the recessed cab to the right of the sink and in the pantry being exceptions for aesthetic purposes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Completed Kitchen

o

willtv, I see you have a few upper smaller sized cabinets and have the knobs centered there, looks good. The placement of your others is similar to where we were thinking. Thank you for taking the time to post and to include pictures, very helpful.

o

Thank you Willtv for sharing your beautiful kitchen again!

o

dermnp , Yes, on some of the cabs we centered the knobs for aesthetics.
We don't access the cabs above the fridge all that often so the knob height isn't a problem.
As for the other cabs on which we centered the knobs, they're all about chest height so the knobs are easy to grab.

lynn2006, Thanks again.
It's been about 2 1/2 years since the reno and we still love the way it turned out.

This post was edited by willtv on Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 13:26

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here