Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sher_nc_gw

Photos of Brazilian Diamond or Delicatus Light Granite?

sher_nc
15 years ago

Hello, I'm new!

I have been looking at all of your amazing kitchens. I'm in the process of renovating my kitchen & hope to gets lots of advice!

I came across a couple of granites I really liked today, but I can't find pics in actual kitchens online. If you have either of the following could you please post photos? Thanks!

Brazilian Diamond

Delicatus Light

Delicatus Green

Also, the guy told me these are "premium" granites so $70/sq ft. Sound right?

Comments (11)

• redroze
    15 years ago

We have the Brazilian Diamond, also known as Bianco Antico. It is very pricey - for our l-shaped perimeter cabinets and island it's costing us six grand. It's 3 cm (1 1/4") and we will not have a laminated edge because I don't like the chunky look.

Here's pics of our two slabs.

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• sher_nc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That's it! Thanks for mentioning the other reference color. What color cabinets are you going with? I really, really like it, but I'm not sure I'll be able to afford it. My kitchen is small & we're still looking at $4k.

• redroze
    15 years ago

No problem - I was struggling to find photos of it myself when I first started looking a few months ago. So I'm glad to pass along my knowledge!!

Our perimeter cabinets will be white (Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace), island and desk are will be stained a dark brown and are maple. Our hardwood floors will be stained a medium brown to tie it all together. I love the neutral aspect of the granite so I can punch it up with red accessories, or violet, or a teal blue. I love how Bianco Antico can go with a cool look or a warm look.

My favourite description of this granite is on the Casabella Website Interesting...the Casabella website says it's out of stock. Actually, I found it at a couple of granite suppliers and found it was selling like hotcakes, so much so that I was worried that we wouldn't be able to find slabs that we liked!!

4 grand seems like a lot for a small kitchen. Are you going with a super-fancy edge? Maybe you can negotiate?

One last pic with our future hardwood floors:
    {{!gwi}}

• sher_nc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We have the same plans as far as colors! White cabs, dark brown island, even the floor stain. I think my quote is too high too. I'm going to call around & get some other estimates.

• sherilynn
    15 years ago

I have a granite similar called "Fleur de Lis" by the fabricator, who is also contracted by HD & Lo's in our area to supply granite and marble. I believe it's some version of Delicatus, too.

I went with a stong, aged coffee color glaze on white cabinet and Brazillian Cherry floor. Here are some progress photos and close up sample. And one photo of almost getting the cabinets redone at the bottom larger photo. Click on the thumbnails to enlarge photos.

• coffeebreak
    15 years ago

Here is Bianco Antico in a bathroom. Pardon the mess....

• sher_nc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

sherilynn- Thanks for all the photos! I like your backsplash too

tsdiver- I was leaning towards the ORB hardware & fixtures in the kitchen so it's nice to see a visual

I got another quote & they're talking $10 less per sq ft so I may actually be able to go with it.

• sauceyc
    15 years ago

These slabs are all stunning!! I love the Bianco Antico/Brazilian Diamond ... I had loved a granite called Lennon (which was sold before I could buy it:( ... ) so have been looking for it or something similar - I think this is it!!! It's beautiful. Now hopefully I can find it somewhere in southern California for my almost finished kitchen - Thanks so much for posting these beautiful photos!

• sher_nc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

sauceyc, FYI, the place I originally found it said they were the only ones in the city with it, but I saw it yesterday at 2 other granite wholesalers. They just all refer to it by a diff. name. I also saw it as "Arian White" & "Ecuador White". Good luck!

• sauceyc
    15 years ago

Thank you so much! I will hunt it down:) .... hopefully ... b/c I need it really soon :) Thanks for your help! Kathy

• jeanu88_bellsouth_net
    13 years ago

Just curious how much a sq ft you are finding this beautiful piece of granite to be?