Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rufinorox

Backsplash is COMPLETE! ... final thoughts?

rufinorox
13 years ago

Finally! The backsplash is complete! It has been a long six months and the final piece to the renovation is finally complete! I'm happy with our choices and wouldn't change a thing well excpet for that hanging pendant (you all know my story) anyway, here are the final pictures of the backsplash. What are your thoughts? I still need to continue to clean the grout off to remove the haze from the glass, but its done!

Comments (18)

• doraville
    13 years ago

Congrats! I know it is a relief. Just enough bling!

• diy_mike
    13 years ago

Very NICE!

What is the greyish white tile you used? I am going to
    do something very similiar but I wanted to use shades of
    blue glass tile. Where did you buy your glass tile?

Mike

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you!

Mike - the white subway is Vallelunga Adriana Carrera. Its a matte white and the glass I purchased from glasstileoasis.com. There are excellent and it ships in 2 days.

doraville - I was really hesitant on the glass behind the stove. I wanted to do all subway, but I had extra glass and my friend suggested going just behind the stove. Its growing on me. Its looks really nice with the rest of the kitchen.

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

Hooray for you!! It is sooooo pretty. A well coordinated project.

We are going to start ours within the next week or so-very nervous. Any words of wisdom you'd like to impart on installing a backsplash??

• rookie_2010
    13 years ago

Beautiful!
    It's the PERFECT compliment to the cabinets and countertops! That's exactly what I believe a backsplash should be! That glass is gorgeous, it must have taken some restraint to not use it everywhere. Your backsplash is a very tasteful use of bling!

• jsweenc
    13 years ago

I haven't been on in several days and was afraid I'd missed your post, and here it is, less than an hour old! Breathing a huge sigh of satisfaction for you. It looks gorgeous, fits so well with your whole kitchen!

You asked for thoughts... I'm thinking you need to put covers on your outlets. ; )

Seriously, the whole thing is perfect, just beautiful. I think my favorite thing is the green paint and how it contrasts with the red tones. My second favorite is the backsplash, because you worked so hard on it and because it's so perfect for your kitchen!

Now enjoy, and don't let Roxy get too much into your gourmet cooking. Good dog!

(We are right at 6 months too, and hope to be finished with utility room painting by the end of the week. Then we'll be done too! Hooray for done!)

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

chris4ny - is this a DIY project? I didn't install myself, but watched as my DH and his friend did all the work. The most tedisous part is cutting the tile, otherwise everthing else is smooth sailing. Make sure you know exactly how you want the tile positioned, durabond is some heavy duty glue once its up its staying. You'll need non sanded grout to seal it. Give it 24 hours and a wipe down and you should be good. Good Luck!

Rookie - thank you! It took some control to not want it everywhere, but I wanted some simplicity with a bit of bling!

jsweenc - thank you for following my progress. Its great to hear from! I couldn't wait another minute to post the backsplash I forget the covers to my outlets. I'm pleased with how it all came together. I think all the colors somehow blend so well.

Finally I can enjoy this kitchen! Roxy will always be around looking for leftovers. She's a good dog and has been so patient during the renovation. She's finally has a food station for her bowls.

Good Luck to your finished project. Please post pictures.

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

Nice!

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

It looks fabulous! The colors are very complimentary to your others and the layout is very pleasing. Just enough sparkle without being gawdy. And congratulations for being finished!!

• rufinorox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you!

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

Could not have turned out any better! Awesome!

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

That is really nice. It is just perfect for your space. I love the way the little tiles sparkle. Enjoy!

• petra66_gw
    13 years ago

Great choice!

• gretagargo
    13 years ago

Beautiful job!! I love your backsplash. I'm in the middle of a complete kitchen renovation and picked out the same faucet. Is that the "straight edge" or "pencil edge" on your granite? I am trying to decide which edging to use myself.

• debrak_2008
    13 years ago

rufinorox,

It look really great. Can you tell me more about the mosaic tile? Not sure my monitor is showing the colors right. Your whole kitchen looks wonderful.

Debra

• e4849
    13 years ago

Yummy, yummy colors. The glass tile colors are really nice with your cabinet colors.

• Gena Hooper
    13 years ago

Very pretty! Congratulations!

• bostonpam
    13 years ago

I love the glass tiles - just enough sparkle. congrats!