Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Want a Sneak Peek?

beekeeperswife
11 years ago

There are no plumbing fixtures. There is no vent hood installed. DH will be supervising the installation of that now. Making sure that nobody screws up the range, cabinets or counters.

For my Kitchen Aid Mixer and other heavy appliances:

Dishdrawers...now you see 'em

Now you Don't:

Knife drawer that was custom made to fit under the shallow side of the sink. But too bad the granite is cut too small and I will only be able to use the cutting board once we modify it. :(((

The trim was finished yesterday

And Dutch Wood also did our closet. Ignore the code required ugly lighting.

Those are lift doors above the closet to hide the space bagged stuff!

Couldn't get enough shelves

For the laundry baskets

And finally, the unfinished shower panel...when, oh when will the AWOL tile guy come back to grout it?

We were given a settlement date of 6/15. I assume there will be a lot of caffeine being consumed in that house in the next 12 days.

Bee

Comments (82)

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

The first word that popped into my head as I was looking at your pics was STUNNING!! Then I saw the comments and realized it was the first word that popped into several heads! Sooo beautiful. I love the cabinet colors with the SW and the crowns and chande set it off so well! Your shower is also stunning. You're so lucky to get to start from scratch with this new house, your choices are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Just lovely, with lovely details, but from you I would expect nothing less! I know there is more to come, but what you have shared so far is superb!

• countrygirl217
    11 years ago

Beautiful space! Love the glass on all sides of the glass "front" cabinets. And the laundry basket storage in the island in the closet is GENIOUS!

• MichelleDT
    11 years ago

Oh WOW - LOVE it all. What are the dreamy tiles in the shower? Very cool!

• oakesames
    11 years ago

Beautiful kitchen Bee. What is the countertop? I really like it and will be choosing one very soon. Thanks.

• gardenamy
    11 years ago

WOW - Looking SO nice!!! Can't wait to see it finished. Will have to have another "what does the rest of your house look like!!"

• Shira S
    11 years ago

Wow thats amazing!

• Ilene Perl
    11 years ago

Wow!!!

• ratrem
    11 years ago

Amazing!! Absolutely gorgeous!

Can you answer a question for me about the dish drawers? We are doing to single tall dish drawers on either side of the sink, is this your set up? Under our disk drawers is a regular drawer not a small dish drawer. Is this what you did as well? I am asking because I wondering if you had a cabinet built for that or does the dish drawer just sit on top of the bottom drawer? This is how are cabinets were made, but wondering if it is correct as we have not installed yet. We are doing panels as well. Thanks and beautiful spaces. So lOving the closet too.

• Susied3
    11 years ago

Bee, it's beautiful! I love that fridge, your entire design is perfection.
    I know you just can't WAIT to get in there and start filling that beauty!

So wonderful, things have come along so nicely and timely, you must be delighted.

Congrats!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

oakesames--the stone is Super White, it's also known as White Fantasy. And I think a couple of other names. It is gorgeous.

ratrem--the dishdrawer is in a cabinet and the drawer below it is a regular old drawer. They are the single tall dishdrawers, I had the panel made to match the surrounding drawers. I have a "thing" about odd shaped drawers and to put that big one over a small one just didn't look right to my eye. So for an extra $15, I added another drawer front.

Here is a picture, not the best, but you can see the cabinets on the left for the dish drawers

• Lyban zone 4
    11 years ago

OH Bee,

That is one great kitchen and such a lot of storage in that closet.
    I love the small island in closet, it makes it look elegant.
    One question: Does that fridge include a freezer or do you have a seperate one.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

lyban, thanks

Freezer? Oh, I forgot to get one...oh, no I didn't.

It's 2 drawers, to the left of the oven. We bought a small chest freezer for the basement too.

• hobokenkitchen
    11 years ago

Forgot to ask... what are the dimensions of your gorgeous closet?

It looks huge! Just wondering how it compares to what ours will be (if it ever gets walls).

Thanks!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The closet is 11' wide x (but the back wall is actually 13' because of some odd nook that was put there), and it is 10' from back to front. However, there is an oddly angled wall, so the hanging stuff on the right, is not 10' long, it is 8'. (you can see it in the last closet picture, the shoes are on an angle.) The cabinets with the pants racks are 25" deep, the ones along the back wall (the shelves and drawers, are only 15" deep. Then the cabinets on the right are around 22"? (maybe?)

• slush1422
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing. I Love it all!

• mamadadapaige
    11 years ago

oh wow! so gorgeous. love all the little details. ingenious re: the fridge cabinet. So so nice!

• rafor
    11 years ago

Love Love Love the island!!! Beautiful kitchen.

• lascatx
    11 years ago

Lovin' it, but knew I would. Can't wait to see more.

• library_girl
    11 years ago

Bee - every time I look at pictures of your kitchen it makes me want to start all over with mine (and I'm so close to being finished) Everything is just so impeccably well thought out and just stunning. Can't wait to see more.

• rexroat
    11 years ago

Hi Bee,
    Looking good!!

What is the hole in the countertop to the right of the refrigerator for?

Sorry if it's mentioned above, but didn't see it.
    Sara

• londongirl_2009
    11 years ago

Wow - what a gorgeous kitchen. You have such great taste! One of my all time favourite kitchens!! I love your closet too. Have any room for me to move in?

• library_girl
    11 years ago

Hi Bee,
    I just noticed that your faucet and soap holes aren't drilled yet (because that's my current obsession)...Who is going to do the drilling? And is there a reason the fabricator didn't drill them at install or sink cutout time?

Thx.

• kaysd
    11 years ago

What a gorgeous and well-thought out kitchen you are going to have! I am having serious closet envy too.

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

SO GORGEOUS!!!!!

May I ask what you will be using the all-sided glass cabinets for? Would love to do the same thing...but don't know how practical it is for everyday things like glasses and plates.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Fantastic - I might have to steal that knife block as I hate ours!!
    Love it and the countertop is gorgeous!!!!!!!

Countdown to occupancy!!!

• shelayne
    11 years ago

Eh. It's OK.

Totally kidding--it's SPECTACULAR! All of it!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

rexroat--it's a beverage sink. (very exciting, right?)

londongirl, plenty of room. Do you have flat in London? I'll be over.

library girl--The holes are all there, probably just hard to see them.

annsch--I have white dishes, going in one cabinet. And all my clear glasses for drinks in the other. I'm sure I'll put other things in there too. But I will keep it for the white and clear stuff.

a2gemini--I haven't even tried a knife in it yet. I'm not sure how it's going to work. I might end up with the bamboo in-drawer one I already have. When I ordered it, I had a vision of it being custom sized as large as the drawer. I recently saw somewhere the idea of having a pullout that is about 9" wide or less and the knives were stored vertically in a custom knife block. I'm actually a little obsessed with this idea...

Really wish someone would show up to work on the house besides the painters.

• hobokenkitchen
    11 years ago

Ok, your closet is significantly larger than ours - in fact about twice the size!
    Well kind of - our main closet is about 6.5 ft x 10 ft and then it has a 'nook' that's about 3 ft x 6 ft - not as easy to access as it has a sloped ceiling (which is why we aren't integrating it into te main closet), but great for less used stuff, winter boots, etc.

Yours is amazing. I have closet envy. ; )

• outsideplaying_gw
    11 years ago

Ooooooo!!! Aaaaahhhhhhh!! Divine!!! Thank you for sharing with us in your kitchen journey (or journeys in your case). This is just beautiful. I know you will enjoy every second of living in these spaces! Congratulations on some very well done spaces!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    11 years ago

Thanks for posting! I remember the plans, it is so fun to see it almost done. It seemed fast (to me)!

The island is such a pretty shade of blue/gray.

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

LOVE IT ALL, but I knew I would!

• library_girl
    11 years ago

Bee, thanks again for sharing so much information. I finally did see the holes in the knife drawer picture. And I love the stages sink!

• shivy
    11 years ago

Really beauty Bee- great job! I love the counter, but of course I would b/c its quartzite. Wish it was in my budget!

• beachpea3
    11 years ago

Bee...Thank you for the peek(s).... We are all living vicariously through you and your lovely, well designed and detailed kitchen.. Have enjoyed every thought and decision you made come to life in that drop dead space! Also...Someone said closet envy...that is spot on! What another gem!...Now we will await the next reveal.....

• ferris
    11 years ago

Bee, your kitchen is beautiful!! Congratulations:)
    Are you installing a backsplash? If so what did you choose??

• p.ball2
    11 years ago

Soooo pretty! I am watching this kitchen evolve with baited breath. Can't wait until the appliances are in and the floors all cleaned up and glossy!!

• michelle16
    11 years ago

Karen, this is so stunning so far! I love the super white on the island, it looks so soft next to the island color.Some superwhite can be alot darker/eggy and harder looking, yours is so soft and airy. i was at Dutchwood today, had to bring my corbels, sink and blind corner.Thik they are installing end of july. I'm suddenly nervous!! but of course excited. Meeting the designer thursday to look at my slabs and pick cabinet colors, wish me luck!!

• MIssyV
    11 years ago

So glad I decided to do a quick check in on here to see your updates! Lookin good Bee! Please promise us you will give us a house tour via garden web when you are in the house!

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

I've been waiting for your subsequent post! :)

What manufacturer is ML?
    And is that color as grayed green as my monitor shows it?
    I'm going to look myself.

So excited to see the BIG THINGS!
    It's just icing on the cake.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Christine, sorry.it's ML Campbell, it is a catalyzed lacquer that they use.

It's a very dark gray. I don't see any green in it irl

Hope this helps. I need to match it to a ben Moore color. So I will let u know what i find out

• nini804
    11 years ago

I need my theasaurus to find adequate words to describe how much I love your tricked out, completely thought-out, blingy, lovely, gorgeous kitchen! It is obvious a complete TKOer did that room...take a bow!

(closet ain't too shabby, either! ;) )

• claybabe
    11 years ago

What a magnificent kitchen...yummy.

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Fantastic - thanks for sharing! :)

One question - where is your microwave?

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

good question Laura. It's across from the range. It's a speed oven from Miele.

Oh, the humanity...see the white outlet? changing that out day 1!

• kamkar2006
    11 years ago

Bee- Would you mind posting a close up for your island edging? I really like it! Is your stone 3 cm?

Thanks!

• kamkar2006
    11 years ago

Bee- Would you mind posting a close up for your island edging? I really like it! Is your stone 3 cm?

Thanks!

• poohpup
    11 years ago

Simply stunning! Stunning, stunning, stunning!!!! I'm swooning just looking at all that gorgeous counter space! Actually, make that drooling.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks guys. I think I will love it even more when they have the vent hood up and done!

kamkar, the one close up I have doesn't show the edge very well. But, here are some that might help. It's called a Long Ogee.

• p.ball2
    11 years ago

Bee; It truly is gorgeous! I love the superwhite granite! Are you going to have any seating at your island? What size is your kitchen ?

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!