Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judydel_gw

Elizpiz I finally received my bistro stools!!

judydel
13 years ago

I finally am the proud owner of the Bistro Swivel Stools. They are beautiful . . . thanks again so much for the inspiration!

I do have a question. Do yours rock a bit? The treaded bar isn't fully tight in the hole so ours rock a bit. It doesn't bother us, just wondering if yours does the same?

Otherwise, they're comfy. The seat is larger than I expected, which makes for a very comfortable place to rest my big derriere : )

Comments (20)

• constanceann
    13 years ago

judydel - I love your kitchen! What color paint did you use on the walls and the trim around the windows? They look like colors I am imagining for a 4 season room addition we are building.

Thanks,
    Connie

• rookie_2010
    13 years ago

I LOVE your kitchen too!!!! The paint color, the floors, the glass front cabs, the hardware! Everything is just PERFECT!

• judydel
    Original Author
    13 years ago

constanceann and rookie , thank you so much!

The wall color is Gustavian Grey by Ellen Kennon and the trim is Cloud White by BM.

• judydel
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL, I just re-read my post. I meant threaded bar . . . not treaded bar.

• monkeymo
    13 years ago

They look nice. How much of an overhand do you have? I only have 10" now but am hoping to squeak out a few more.

• monkeymo
    13 years ago

I just found in another thread where you said the overhang was 10" glad to hear it works out okay. Do you have downdraft venting? Or a hood I do not see in photo?

• judydel
    Original Author
    13 years ago

monkeymo I don't have a downdraft or a hood. We never had a hood in our original kitchen and didn't experience any grease build up on cabinets, etc that some posters fear or have experienced. So we didn't include one in the new design. We are very happy with our configuration.

• judydel
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bumping for Elizpiz

• monkeymo
    13 years ago

judydel -- Aaaah, you must be a wonderful cook! I must admit I have set off the smoke detector a couple of times. Not so much bad cook, but absent minded cook.

BTW - how do you keep your cabinets so neat? My DH has a habit of just putting things back where there is space. We are going to have a couple of glass front cabinets in our new setup but they will probably house seldom used items.

• anotherwhitekitchen
    13 years ago

Wow! Gorgeous. Where did you get them?

• judydel
    Original Author
    13 years ago

monkeymo I guess I'm lucky that my DH usually puts stuff back where it goes! He's a Virgo and pretty persnickety himself (code for PIA).

We don't sear food in the house or cook in ways that create a lot of smoke (just our way of cooking I suppose) and in addition we have a large kitchen . . . so those two things combined make it unlikely that our smoke detectors go off. Oh, and I NEVER leave the kitchen when something is cooking on top of the stove unless it's on ultra low. We're fortunate our DCS gas range has an ultra low setting. And even then, I don't leave the kitchen for long if at all.

anotherwhitekitchen, I bought them from Organize.com but I must warn you they are usually back ordered. I waited 4 months!
    Here's the link: http://www.organize.com/bistro-swivel-chair.html

• elizpiz
    13 years ago

JUDYDEL!!! I have been just grazing GW for the last little while - it has been crazy busy and now we're on holiday. Yup, with very little internet access, I am spending my time catching up on GW rather than checking my emails :-)

The stools look GORGEOUS - and I am so glad (and relieved!) that you like them. I know it was a long wait. Now that you ask I guess they do rock a little - but after using them for over a year now, it's not something I notice (I asked DH if he thought they rocked and he said no). So, hopefully it is not something that bothers you too much. We do still love them, and they look super in your kitchen.

Remind me - have you done a full "reveal" yet? Your kitchen is one that I know many GW'ers would love to have the deets on.

Thanks for sharing - I have been wondering about you and those pesky stools....:-)

Eliz

• judydel
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"Now that you ask I guess they do rock a little - but after using them for over a year now, it's not something I notice (I asked DH if he thought they rocked and he said no). "

Tehe, we already don't notice the rocking. They are just great!

I also wasn't on GW at all for the past couple of months. Just getting caught up with who's doing what : )

I haven't had a full reveal yet, no. There is still a lot to finish off. My DH has been wrapped up in responsibilities with my MIL. She is 90 year old and needs much tlc now. And our contractor has been wrapped up in responsibilities with his dad, who is ill.

I've been commuting back and forth to NYC with my DD still for her pre professional ballet training. I have a short video clip from her last performance on my FB if you're interested in looking.

• sparklekitty
    13 years ago

Really lovely kitchen. I particularly like the floors with the white cabinets and soapstone - I would have never thought to put it together. It is elegant and warm. Congratulations...

• judydel
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sparklekitty, thank you : )

What happened is I fell head over heels in love with the pietra art travertine sample board in our local tile shop. They had a display set up of the full modular pattern that you see on our floors. And then I fell head over heels with the Julia soapstone! I was a bit worried at first about mixing the two. But then I SAW OTHER KITCHENS WITH THIS COMBINATION (Thanks GW posters!!) And that's when I knew mixing the two would be okay : ) Otherwise, I might have changed my mind. That's why perusing the finished kitchen blog and viewing the photos posted on here by TKO Gwebbers and viewing all the photos that Boxerpups so generously shares is INVALUABLE.

• lucretzia
    13 years ago

Your kitchen looks great judydel. I am also considering those chairs and wonder if they wind down to counter height from bar height,as bar height is too high for my 36" high island counter.

• judydel
    Original Author
    13 years ago

They definitely wind down to counter height, they even wind down to table height. Actually, I wish they wound up a few more inches because they sit a bit too low for our bar (I'm fine with it, but my husband would like them higher).

• lucretzia
    13 years ago

Thanks for the feedback on this Judydel and also for all the advice and feedback you have provided me.

• elizpiz
    13 years ago

Judy, finally back and catching up - started from page 20 and working my way backwards :-) How's the rocking?

Would love to see the clip! Email me on my page.

How tall is your DH? Mine is 6' and finds that the stools go high enough - hope your DH likes them! (I feel personally invested in the happiness you are experiencing with your stools :-)

E

• judydel
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"I feel personally invested in the happiness you are experiencing with your stools :-)"

Eliz you are too funny, and sweet. No worries! DH is also 6' tall and likes the stools just fine. We don't notice the rocking any more.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz