Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plain & Fancy cab look alike?

Posted by azjenny (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 19:49

I love this cabinet front from Plain and Fancy and haven't been able to find anything like it from another cabinet maker. It seems so simple. Just a tiny routed line in an otherwise flat panel. It's called Transition 3".
I live in AZ and there are no P&F dealers even on this side of the country, so I would rather get something that wouldn't have such high shipping costs. Preferably something with a local dealer.
So has anyone seen a door like this from another company?
Thanks!
Jenny

This post was edited by azjenny on Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 20:21

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plain & Fancy cab look alike?

Yeah no P & F in my area either. Bummer.
The Home Depot near me use to have a similar display kitchen in cherry a few years ago and I liked the look, but don't know what brand it was. Here's one with a little more detail from Kraftmaid. I's sure they're out there.

What's the name of that P & F door style?

Here is a link that might be useful: kraftmaid

o

Thanks! It's called Transition 3". I updated the OP to include that. Sorry.

o

The KraftMaid door style that Island linked immediately came to mind.

HD carries that doorstyle as "Somersworth". Lowes carries it as "Provence".

o

DeWils cabinets: Andromeda and also Aspen door styles. See them in the door style section called "Craftsman" They have dealers in AZ.

Here is a link that might be useful: DeWils cabinets

This post was edited by island on Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 21:30

o

I like the doors linked, but they are not quite what I'm looking for. I love the fact that the P&F door is just a single line. No detailing or anything.
I may have to find out about shipping. But that's not that practical.

o

What about a custom cabinet maker? Mine made all my doors and drawers and when I went to the shop to pick everything out he had several samples ready, but none were just perfect. He trimmed down a piece of molding while I was there and I fell in love with it. I am much happier that I went custom for many reasons, but the fact that I got to pick out every tiny detail was fabulous for this TKO :)

o

Maybe a custom cabinet maker would be a good idea. That just seems so pricey but I have read where people have gotten comparable prices from custom makers.
I just almost have to have that door! Haha. Probably wouldn't be hard to copy. It's very simple.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here