Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
allison0704_gw

Sayde's Vintage Gumwood Kitchen - In This Old House!

allison0704
11 years ago

Many of you watched Sayde's kitchen evolve and have seen the feature I wrote several months ago on their gorgeous Tudor home remodel. They did such a great job, I just love her kitchen. So original looking to the home - it so belongs.

She emailed yesterday to say they are in the July issue of This Old House! I haven't seen the issue, but I cannot wait.

Congratulations!

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage Gumwood Cabinet Kitchen

Comments (18)

• deedles
    11 years ago

Wow! That's awesome. First Bee, now Sayde... and who else... oh, ships4u were in the contest. Some folks setting the bar pretty high around here!

• mamadadapaige
    11 years ago

sayde- so proud for you! your kitchen is so charming! a very high bar for sure!!!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Another celebrity in our midst!

Kudos to sayde!!!

• Lake_Girl
    11 years ago

And no wonder! I love Sayde's kitchen!

• rosie
    11 years ago

No surprise here, either. Their renovation of that fine old kitchen is truly excellent. Perfect for This Old House, and plenty of others for that matter.

• Bunny
    11 years ago

Yay, can't wait for my issue to arrive. Can I just say how nice it is to see a beautiful kitchen with stuff on the counter. People actually live there!

• sayde
    11 years ago

Thank you all for the kind comments!

I had entered the remodel contest but didn't win. The editors hand around the various submissions to mine them for potential features and one of the editors picked up mine. When we talked she was bemused by my account of the Beef Wellington that I made in the basement while undergoing the remodel. She decided to do an article focusing on that story. The kitchen itself is kind of by-the-by, but we are thrilled nevertheless. Hope you get to see it - page 31! But it's not online, only in the magazine.

• User
    11 years ago

Just got my copy today, your kitchen is the kind that I would like to see more of in TOH. IMO they focus too much on cheap gut jobs that are overly trendy, guess they think that is what people in this economy want. Wish they had done a more extensive article on your kitchen, it is just so lovely and well done!

• flwrs_n_co
    11 years ago

Congratulations, Sayde!! Couldn't have happened to a nicer GWer. I'll have to stop by the bookstore tomorrow and pick up a copy of the mag. Totally worth it to see more pics of your lovely kitchen.

And thanks for the heads-up on this, Allison!

• ILoveRed
    11 years ago

I was just admiring this wonderful kitchen and read the story of her amazing renovation. Are there any pictures of the rest of the house? I would love to see them.

Thanks.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    11 years ago

The kitchen itself is kind of by-the-by,...

Well to us, it's a star! Congratulations!

• hlove
    11 years ago

While the beef wellington story is quite funny and definitely ambitious in it's own right, I can't believe they'd focus on that over your gorgeous and well done kitchen remodel. It's one of my absolute favorites, fwiw!

• deedles
    11 years ago

Yes, I thought the same thing. I bought the magazine and really thought your lovely kitchen deserved a several page spread! But hey, my kitchen won't even be in there at all so, congrats to you!

• SYinUSA, GA zone 8
    11 years ago

How wonderful! I can't wait to get my copy in the mail. I honestly give an audible sigh every time I see sayde's kitchen.

• beachpea3
    11 years ago

Way to go Sayde!! We all lived vicariously through your wonder gumwood kitchen restoration and remodel.... What a treat to have it published!!! My vote is for Sayde and her talented DH for winners of This Old House Kitchen of the year!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Congratulations!!!
    Love your kitchen!!

• allison0704
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I finally bought a copy of the magazine on Sunday at Midway airport. I think they should have shown more of your kitchen!!

• sayde
    11 years ago

Thank you so much, everyone, for your kind comments! Cannot tell you what it means to me and DH. The support and encouragement I've gotten here have been so important to us -- especially when we ran into problems --

I understand that the feature will be posted online at the TOH website as soon as the August issue goes to the newsstand.

Thanks again, Allison and everyone!!!!