Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
athomesewing

OT Cute! While working on cabinet details...

athomesewing
9 years ago

...I looked up to see a special "someone" staring at me through the window. What a pleasant surprise! The hedge there, in my front yard, is right at my sewing room window. She was maybe six or seven feet from me.

She stayed for quite awhile, mostly just looking at me. I had a camera on the table and she didn't seem mind posing for several pictures and a little video. I had two dogs sleeping at my feet who would have had a tizzy if they had noticed her.

Comments (17)

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Very cool!

• brightm
    9 years ago

Before I scrolled down, I just caught the tips of the ears and thought it was a rabbit. :)

• nini804
    9 years ago

Awww, that is adorable! She wanted to make a friend! :)

• Iowacommute
    9 years ago

She was probably trying to figure out your schedule to figure out the best time to get in the garden. :). I think they can be pretty clever.

• mgmum
    9 years ago

Iowa! LOL I was thinking she was caught nibbling on some goodies.

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

Lucky you! Beautiful!!

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

Love that wonky ear! I curse the deer when eat my fruit trees..but still get excited when I see them close.

Several years ago we had a deer hanging around our house right outside the windows. Great view, since the bottoms of the windows were just about ground level. He was very sick with a gimpy, swollen, infected leg or I would have been more excited. I felt like we were on death watch and wished we could have just helped him out of his misery. I got pics but won't share. I vastly prefer yours!

• firstmmo
    9 years ago

She would go perfectly in lavender lass' kitchen fairyland theme!!!

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

Would so love to have that experience! She's so pretty, even with the "wonky" ear, lol.

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

What a photo op. Love it.

• lascatx
    9 years ago

I would give up some landscaping to a friend like that. My guests are squirrels, possum, raccoons, skunks and more squirrels. Our last house had a bunny who took up residence behind our raised beds. I let him eat the tops of some of my flowers - he left enough and that they would come back in a couple of weeks, and he got seed spilled from the bird feeder not too far away. Worked for both of us. I would have loved it if he had move with us.

• athomesewing
    Original Author
    9 years ago

"She would go perfectly in lavender lass' kitchen fairyland theme!!!"

...I was thinking the same thing! I noticed her deer figurines in a post this week!

We wonder too what happened to bend her ear. At least we can recognize her if she re-visits.

"Before I scrolled down, I just caught the tips of the ears and thought it was a rabbit."

LOL, that's why I added the second photo...I was thinking maybe a goat!

MGMum, I thought maybe she was interested in the flowers but she didn't seem to sniff at them at all. The flowers sticking out of the hedge are little salvia plants sill in pots. I placed them on the hedge temporarily to tempt the hummingbirds -- and it worked right away. They love them. Its been a treat watching them. I need to use a camera with a higher shutter speed.

At least it makes having NO kitchen a little more tolerable.

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Wow - that is a great shot of the hummer!
    As far as Bambi - last year, I came out to my garden and noticed that my tomato plants were all 2.5 feet tall and had been twice that the other day - then, I looked down - and there was the evidence - Bambi print!

Now some of our GWebbers have moose in their yards - that would be something to see!

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Too cute.

• gsciencechick
    9 years ago

Even though we live well within city limits we have deer, owls, rabbits, and hawks on our street and in our yards. DH saw a huge rabbit in our yard last week when he was taking the morning trash out.

She's beautiful.

• MizLizzie
    9 years ago

I had four squirrels playing tag today -- one of them with a blonde tail! We always have lots and I do feed them, though if they chew into our attic, I curse under my breath. This year we've had a bunny. He ate one of the peanuts I put out for special squirrel treats, and watched me out of the corner of one eye while he nibbled. I think we bonded. Today I tossed him a chunk of zucchini from about ten feet and he waited for it without running. I don't want any of them to trust people too thoroughly.

• bicyclegirl1
    9 years ago

She was noticing what a great buffet your garden is! What a beautiful view to have while sewing.