Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missamelia_gw

Need Help after big countertop mess up

MissAmelia
9 years ago

After Fridays countertop disaster (see photo below) I am hoping to that the next install will go perfect. So while they are looking for new slabs to re cut my counters I want to show them a picture of how I want my bar to look, because they are just not getting it (I don't know if its them or how I'm explaining it)

So we have a "breakfast bar" connects out kitchen to out living room. It is 42" high and is a step up from the counters. On the right side of the bar is the door opening and the left side is living room wall. I would like the bar to "wrap" over the opening on the left and be about an inch past the opening onto the wall in the living room. So that the countertop is not just flush with the cut out wall sticking out. I feel like it looks more complete with that little edge

The contractor that I am working with is great, but he just doesn't understand so I would like to show him some pictures because something is getting lost in translation.

Does anyone have a picture of there bar/counter going slightly past an opening?! Or do you just butt it up against the wall?

I am supposed to send a picture tomorrow morning so any help would be greatly appreciated.

- counters that don't fit...

This post was edited by MissAmelia on Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 21:53

Comments (17)