Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dinkledoodle

Has anyone seen the new Eco countertops from Cosentino?

dinkledoodle
14 years ago

They're from the Silestone folk, but made with 75% recycled materials. I read about them on AT a while back and saw them at Lowes today. WOW! Gorgeous. Much more depth than Silestone or Granite Transformations. I'm in love with Riverbed and Luna. But probably won't be getting either unless the Powerball drops my way. $87 sg ft for 2cm and $107 for 4cm. Poverty is such a bummer!

But unlike most materials, the price is all inclusive; edges, sink cutouts, etc... So if you've got a fancy setup, it's probably comparable to upper level Silestone in price.

Here is a link that might be useful: eco by cosentino

Comments (14)

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

I have had Silestone in my home for almost 8 years. I know I'm getting some marble and planned on granite for the rest. HOWEVER, I'm absolutely loving the Riverbed color. It looks as if it would be perfect with some of my other choices. I guess if I can't find granite that's perfect for me I'll have something that (at least in pictures) looks beautiful!

• nesting12
    14 years ago

I would love to know more about these-- they seem possibly perfect for solving my countertop dilemmas! The site doesn't say who their dealers are-- do all Lowes have it?

thanks!

• dinkledoodle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

nesting12 - Since it is by the same company that makes Silestone, I think anyone who carries Silestone would have it or could get it.

remodelfla - I'm not sure about all stores. I just happened to be wandering around yesterday while waiting for some locks to be rekeyed. I think it is pretty much brand new. They didn't even have prices posted. The saleslady said she had just gone to the training.

• gsciencechick
    14 years ago

Gorgeous! I also like the recycled glass ones, but they are also very pricey and probably out of the range for our neighborhood.

• frenchie4moi
    14 years ago

They are finally selling it at Lowes in San Diego for $90 sq foot. Price includes everything, fabrication, installation, cutouts, etc.

I should be receiving a quote from a stone company today to compare pricing. I'm getting the Luna. LOVE it.

Any ideas for a blacksplash for this color? I was going to go with a natural split stone but I'm afraid of staining/cleaning.

• louie09
    14 years ago

Hi everyone im a dealer of cosentino i have all the products including the eco for a really good price. Ur welcome to come and see my showroom. I'm located in upland CA. If u need any assistance about finding out about this great product email me to efloorsandmore@yahoo.com

• jb1176
    14 years ago

louie09 - There are rules on this forum regarding what you are doing.

Moderators need to deal with louie09.

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

frenchie... did you ever get the ECO countertops installed? Any pics?

• farmhousebound
    14 years ago

This looks very similar to another product known as "Icestone" don't know pricing, have just bookmarked): http://www.icestone.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=115&Itemid=499

• kcboom
    14 years ago

Think it is pretty close to Terrazzo.

• bmorepanic
    14 years ago

Not to be the bearer of bad tidings, but Icestone has some issues - including the binder dissolving with coffee. I spoke to a contractor that installed the magic coffee top and he said they no longer install or recommend it because of material failure and staining issues.

I understand there are other issues with it around seams.

• aquafar55_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

After weeks of searching for countertops and considering all materials, I found Eco at Lowe's in Crystal Sand color. It has very subtle green and tans and I found the perfect backsplash glass tile to intermingle with travertine.
    Then, today, I found a bad review on another site. Fellow says he had it installed and next day it developed scratches and he had to have it replaced (with something else). Comnpany tried to blame installer (Pergo does this, too).

I'd like to find someone who has had it installed for a while before I invest two grand. I don't even have a lot of counter space, but it's currently $66 a sq ft at Lowes and they charge for fabrication, edge, sink cutout - all extra. I have a straight 11 1/2' counter and was quoted $1985. Then I still have to have the sink & disposal installed by someone else. Last counters I bought (Corian) was all inclusive - ten years later and holding up great with tenants.

I can't afford to make a mistake, so I'm continuing the search - sadly. Really loved the looks.

• Shemarie
    12 years ago

ahahaha... regarding your post on 8/20/11, I'd LOVE to see the pics of your kitchen. I have a Luna sample here and am dying to see what it looks like. Thank you so much!