Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Satin nickel faucet with polished nickel hardware?

Posted by SparklingWater (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 19:06

I choose satin nickel for our Blanco Grace II faucet, as we have a galley kitchen with separate attached (through wide door way) eat in pantry room and have stainless appliances. The kitchen/pantry is traditional and doors open to side rooms like DR which has polished brass hardware.

The remodel seems to be taking on a life of it's own due to satin sheen of cabinets, glass uppers and counter top.

I'd like to do polished nickel hardware instead of original brushed nickel as my samples of the later seem too dark against the stark white and tall cabinets. A light fixture over the to be built banquette, away from the cab hardware is oyster gray shade with chrome fixture at ceiling.

What do you think about switching to polished nickel hardware for reasons above. Thanks for your help; got to make my decision soon. Have studied lots of pictures too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Satin nickel faucet with polished nickel hardware?

Go with what you love. I looked forever for hardware and I finally found one that I loved in Michaelangelo bronze that was a good bit different than the American Bronze of my faucet. When I put them together, even though they were different, they blended beautifully.

o

I agree with holly, go with what you love. I have satin nickel hardware and brushed nickel faucet, they look the same visually. I think if they are both in the same color family, they will look fine together. The hardware is eye candy, you just stare at it, so you have to go with your heart as to what finish to choose, you don't want regrets.

o

I think so too. I'm not a purist and I'm being tugged towards a brighter shade of hardware in my space. Thanks for quick answers and support-although I always listen, even if not what i want to hear.

o

bumping this up.

Anyone out there who's actually done what I'm proposing?

My California migrated lighting designer-who's helped me immensely on many kitchen design issues, is a bit more of a purist on finishes. My notes of our early discussion show he suggested hardware in satin or stainless steel for their sheen but not brushed nickel which is more matte. Antique nickel, brass, antique (aged) bronze etc was also high, polished nickel not so much.

Also, I recently saw a "what's new in 2013 kitchens" and it said popular hardware are satin, orb, some brass, but not seeing as much polished.

If you know of a "bright" satin cabinet hardware maker, please do share. A lot might depend on the base metal in the collection. :/

Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here