Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Capital Ranges/Cook tops_Input please

Posted by Lisalovesreno (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 18:55

I just bought a house and am looking to put in a whole new kitchen. I currently have a Thermador cooktop and love it. It's 15 years old and still works perfectly. I was looking at a Thermador Range Top and they didn't get the best reviews. Faulty ignition seemed to be a top complaint and the porcelain surface most said was extremely hard to keep clean. My husband and I do a lot of wok cooking and so while shopping for a range top/stove that offered a wok attachment, I stumbled upon Capital. The reviews were good but no one specifically mentioned ease of cleaning or how the wok feature worked. Capital offers a wok ring with their ranges and for their range tops, there is a model with an integrated wok burner. Does anyone have any pros and cons to these two models they would like to share? It's such a big investment I want to be sure I've done my research and don't buy a lemon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Capital Ranges/Cook tops_Input please

You might want to also consider looking at a BlueStar.
Wok options for BlueStar

This is a video about cleaning a culinarian.

I would use the search function at the bottom of the appliance forum and you will find all kinds of opinions about both.

If you search youtube, there are all kinds of videos about both. Some are marketing pieces put on by an appliance dealer, that try to pass as scientific "tests" so you have to keep thinking cap on but they at least let you see what the burners look like.

o
RE: Capital Ranges/Cook tops_Input please

Hi,

We just got our Capital rangetop. It is one powerful thing. We did the 36" six burners. One burner did come as a small pan burner. It is the same burner ring with half the holes of the regular burners.

It is built like a tank. Should last a long long time.

Cleaning is not too bad. Grates are quite heavy but just lift right off. The video referred to by the first poster is something that I viewed as well and is a good to view before you make your purchasing decision.

We did consider the Blue Star - they are direct competitors of Capital. I could have gone either way - but chose the Capital as I thought it looked better.

Best of luck to you.

Eric

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here