Houzz Logo Print
gillycat

fabulous ( and simple) magnetic or chalkboard idea

gillycat
12 years ago

I came across this idea for a magnetic board

thought it could work well as a chalkboard as well

or even whiteboard

I thought it simple and sweet ( and of course kitchen themed! )

the other thing i was thinking after visiting the BM paint store is to get their magnetic primer which you then cover with regular paint

http://www.simplyfrugal.ca/2011/06/diy-project-cookie-sheet-magnetic-board/

why isn't there a place for the url in the original posting ?

Comments (8)

• gillycat
    Original Author
    12 years ago

so here is the link

Here is a link that might be useful: cookie sheet magnetic board

• sochi
    12 years ago

Love that, and my daughter will too! Thanks muspic.

• Adrienne2011
    12 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this idea. Not only is it a great way to get some color into my kitchen, but if I'm correct, stainless steel refrigerators don't work with magnets. My ss dishwasher won't hold a magnet. My daughters were sad that the new fridge that is soon to be installed would not be able to display their artwork or homework.
    I truly can't wait to buy two nice new cookie sheets (mine are a wee bit too dinged up) and spray paint them royal blue. What a fun project!

• pupwhipped
    12 years ago

Muspic, sooooooo neat. Thanks for posting this!

And about the link in the original message, I think if you just put it in your original message and hit submit, it won't work. Don't ask me why. PREVIEW your message first, then put the URL in, and it will work. HTH!

Thanks again,
    pup

• plllog
    12 years ago

There is a space for the URL in the original box, unless there was a GW burp when you first posted this. Right under the message box is the box for "Optional Link URL". If you want to embed the link in the message you have to use HTML code. It's pretty easy. Put the following (left hand column only) on one line with no extra spaces:

a "anchor"
    space (a space from the space bar)
    href "hypertext reference"
    = equals
    " open quote--straight quotes only--curly quotes won't work
    URL "uniform resource locator" -- this is the address you want to link to including the "http://"; part
    " close quote (straight quote)
    > close angle bracket

Name of Link

/ forward slash to indicate that this is a closing tag
    a "anchor"
    > close angle bracket

• 4boys2
    12 years ago

Are we not suppose to just post the photos ?

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.simplyfrugal.ca/2011/06/diy-project-cookie-sheet-magnetic-board/

• aliris19
    12 years ago

"uniform resource locator" indeed: who knew? I'm learning html procrastinating on a kitchen board procrastinating elsewhere.... I've always wondered what that meant! Thanks plllog.

• rosieo
    12 years ago

That reminds me of a project we made for my DD when she was a toddler. We painted magnetic paint on a tray and attached pvc legs to the bottom. Then we painted it pink and purple. It made a great little desk that fit over her carseat when we traveled.

That magnetic paint is wonderful stuff. If you have little kids you know there are all kinds of fun magnetic toys. She especially loved magnetic paperdolls with magnetic clothes. And those magnetic storyboards with all the little pieces. And I loved how all the pieces stayed put.

If you're going to buy a new cookie sheet just for this project, make sure a magnet will stick to it. I thought a half sheet pan would be nice and big but it's aluminum and magnets won't stick to it.

A pretty cookie sheet and some magnetic toys is a great way to occupy a little kid on a rainy afternoon. Thanks for posting this. I think I'll make a couple of these trays for rainy day fun around here.

Here is a link that might be useful: magnetic toys