Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash for Giallo Ornamental granite

Posted by nicoleelizabeth7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 18:44

Originally I had my heart set on classic white subway tiles and sort of planned my kitchen with that in mind. Now that the cabinets are made and the the granite is paid for I'm starting to doubt the subway tiles. I'm just afraid that I'll get bored with them. I've also just started loving subway tiles, for years I thought if I were to redo a kitchen I'd do mosaics. I thought if I could find a solid white linear mosaic it would be a perfect compromise, but so far no luck. I did find a linear mosaic in calacatta oro marble which is beautiful and in our price range, but I'm afraid it might be too busy with the granite. Any ideas? Am I over thinking this? Should I just go with the white subways?

My kitchen is white shaker cabinets with chocolate island and a light Giallo Ornamental granite. Stainless appliances including stainless hood and satin nickel pulls, knobs, and pendant lights

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash for Giallo Ornamental granite

I just put the light GO in a guest bath with a dark-stained vanity. I'm pulling the gray-blues out of the granite. The walls are BM Silver Mist, and I found a mosaic tile with brown, cream, and shades of blue gray. I think mosaic could be too busy in a kitchen with GO. You might try some of the soft gray or gray-blue ceramic or glass tiles. It will look nice with your chocolate island and the white cabs.

o

I would be interested in some feedback, too. I am ordering toffee maple cabinets in shaker style, and have black and stainless appliances (including a stainless apron sink). I am considering the Giallo Ornamental granite and would also love to know what backsplash would go nicely with this. Thanks!

o

Can you post a pic of your kitchen?

o

We are just finishing our new kitchen, white shaker cabinets and giallo ornamental granite which was just installed 2 days ago and is absolutely gorgeous!! I fell in love with travertine, so we are going with the tumbled imperial cream subway 3x6 tiles. I was going to do the mosaic picasso for behind the range but was worried it would be too busy. I am adding a link to a picture on houzz with the GO and a mosaic backsplash that is breathtaking. From experience, if you decide on the mosaic or any travertine for that matter, I would ask for a sample from the lot you would be getting so you can see the range of colors and see if it would be too busy or not, it is amazing how the colors can vary from the tile stores samples they have. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosaic backsplash with GO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here