Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joyce_6333

Ogee edge on laminate

joyce_6333
14 years ago

I went to our local parade of homes yesterday, and was surpsied to see a home with laminate countertops with an ogee edge. Of all the unique new things displayed in many of the homes, this was the biggest attention getter. I had a hard time getting a picture because so many people were gathered around oooo-ing and aahhh-ing this counter. Many people thought it was solid surface or granite. It was very well done, and looked great! I'm not absolutely sure, but I think it was Wilsonart HD laminate.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (3)

• phoggie
    14 years ago

This looks so great.....and yes, that is Wilason Art HD
    laminate. I hope someone knows who/how this is done....it looks so professional.
    Thanks for sharing....do you have any more pics of th at parade of homes?....love to see them.

• joyce_6333
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I really didn't take many pics, but I did add a couple pics to photobucket of one kitchen that was rather pretty. Most of the kitchen cabinets were birch or hickory, and since I already know I want QS oak again, I didn't dwell. Counters were mostly granite, silestone, and a couple concrete. This was the only laminate one that really caught my eye. There was one extremely modern home where the kitchen counters (other than by the range) had to be close to 4' high. Home was pre-sold, and I can only assume the buyers are TALL! Decorating of the homes was simple and functional -- nothing unusual -- lots of gold/green and blue. Lots of blue bedrooms and bathrooms. Very pretty! Now I wish I'd taken more pics of those rooms. I did take one pic of a basement floor that really blew my mind. It was stained, but in the most bizarre fashion. I don't know if the pic really does it justice. Looks rough, but it really wasn't too bad.

My DH was really into the geothermal heating, radiant heating, siding, roofing, etc. We hope to start building as soon as "this old house" sells, so he was getting lots of ideas. I was quite surprised at the prices -- quite low I thought. One home in particular caught our eye. It was a little over 2000 sq ft ranch, fiber cement siding and roofing, geothermal and radiant heating, 3 car garage, many, many upgrades throughout the home. Price was only $286,000 (plus lot, etc). I would have signed on the dotted line if this old place was sold.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• rhodora
    14 years ago

The ogee edge on laminate is really popular where I live and is not much more expensive than the regular rounded edge.
    I'm trying to get a simple 45 degree beveled edge and it's going to cost me almost twice the cost of an ogee edge! I would really like a beveled edge but I may have to settle for an ogee -so it's nice to hear some people really like it and maybe it won't be settling after all!