Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elphaba_gw

when should I schedule Plumber after countertops?

elphaba_gw
9 years ago

What is "rule of thumb" for when I should schedule plumber to "finish the job" after countertops are in. Is it important that plumber follows countertop closely? same day?

There are two silgranite sinks with faucets, with garbage disposers each. Also a dishwasher. What should I be worried about? I am the GC and I don't have any experience except the forum here and my contractors who are pretty good, I think - at least so far. (I've got my "sink setters" ready for the countertop guy.)

Countertops will be installed soon - maybe next week. No definite date yet. Plumbing has been "prepped".

p.s. forgot to mention the water for the refrigerator but countertops aren't related to that job - fridge just needs to be moved and plugged in and water hose connected to spigot already in place. Hope nothing else.

p.p.s. then electrician will follow - hook up induction cooktop (electric cable ready - 40 amps I think). Undercabinet lighting to follow next - I have luxury of closet behind kitchen wall and wall open to the studs in the closet so hoping undercabinet light install will be fairly easy. Next island lights and lighting over sink (already prepped) and final task will be backsplash.

This post was edited by elphaba on Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 18:45

Comments (2)