Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skyangel23_gw

just delivered-scratch on Blanco sink?

Skyangel23
9 years ago

It has been a drama filled day! Okay, so my Blanco Diamond sink in cinder was just delivered. Excitement (so pretty! so huge! gorgeous color!) dimmed when I saw this small scratch. The finish is rubbed off here and there is a definite indentation/change of color. It is on the front and will be a top mount sink.

Would this be considered damage and returnable? (purchased from online store) That is the only mark (other white spots are packing styrofoam balls). Is there something to fix that? Would you live with it or return it? The sink is due to be installed in about a week.

Comments (14)

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

If they are going to cover the return/exchange costs, I'd return it, but I'm pretty picky about expecting brand new things to actually look brand new and not be damaged. It helps to know the return policy of an online store before ordering, especially when buying over-sized heavy items that are costly to return.

• Skyangel23
    Original Author
    9 years ago

they will cover it if it is damaged. I did read the return policy before purchasing. However, will they consider this "enough" damage to bear the costs of returning it? It was packaged extremely well, so it wasn't a shipping issue.

I'm not even sure if I can get a new one within a week, which is a concern. None of our local stores carry the new cinder color.

• kirkhall
    9 years ago

Ask them. you have a nice picture, it should be easy to send that image to get their opinion on damage replacement.

2ndly, is it going to bug you, or can you take a little gray marker to it and fix it up...

They might have a different suggestion for disguising it too.

• Vertise
    9 years ago

That is a very noticeable chip, imo, on the front of your sink. Send them a picture. Of course you should not have to accept damaged goods.

• Nicole
    9 years ago

Is it going to be undermounted? If so, it doesn't look like it would be visible at all so I'd probably not bother with the pain of returning it and having a new one sent.

• Gracie
    9 years ago

It looks bad, and right up front. So let's see, 15 years looking at that, or delaying your countertop another week or two....

• Jancy
    9 years ago

That would drive me crazy. I know I would be staring at that every minute and be so mad at myself for not returning it for one that was not damaged. I'd rather wait another week or two than zero in on that chip for years every time I walked in my kitchen.

• weissman
    9 years ago

Nicole6 has it right - if it's going to be undermounted then it's fine - you won't see that. If not then you should exchange it.

• PhoneLady
    9 years ago

Unfortunately she said it was going to be a top mount. And it's right on the front! No way I would keep it either. I'd be so disappointed EVERY time I saw it

• Fori
    9 years ago

Send it back.

• Skyangel23
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks for all the comments. I am glad that you guys are supporting my gut instinct. I am contacting customer support now and uploading the picture. Hope they'll take it back with no problems!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

Skyangel23:

No fixin' that:

Here is a link that might be useful: Sink

• brightm
    9 years ago

I'd trade you if I could. I got a call today mine is ready for delivery or pick up. Same sink/color, but mine will be undermount.

ETA: If it would speed up the process, can you buy another one from them (if you have in writing they'll give you a full credit upon receipt of your damaged one) and then send this back?

This post was edited by cal_quail on Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 1:21

• Skyangel23
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ugh, the company doesn't have weekend customer service hours, so I guess I will be waiting.
    cal_quail, that's a great idea. If only shipping weren't so expensive! :-)