Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Callling any color experts

Posted by he8833 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 18:22

Obsessing over trying to choose a paint color for walls in the kitchen. I have included a link to the tile (Willow) we used on the floor and (London Grey) countertops were going with.

We want to go with white wall color and trim. The cabinets are white Ikea Ramsjo. I dont think White Dove works here as it looks like it had some brown in it. I would definitely use it with hardwood floors

Any suggestions? Who knew white would be so difficult? The picture included my post was are inspiration. The tile we used a bit darker in color (gray).

I know this is kind of a hopeless question as it all depends on lighting and personal preference. The problem is the Ramsjo Ikea cabinets have a pinkish hue to them any of the 'whites' seem to bring out the pink. That being said I truly wanted a off white, with some grey in it but cant find a great match?

Suggestions needed!

http://www.houzz.com/discussions/402319/Color-coordinating-kitchen

Here is a link that might be useful: Tile and Countertops

This post was edited by he8833 on Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 18:35

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Callling any color experts

I'm not a color expert but, I have used Ellen Kennon and her full spectrum paint for many rooms. She will offer consultations complementary as long as you use her paint. I like everything she has suggested and she even made a custom color for me when the amount of pigment wasn't just right for my space.

Whites are the hardest!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ellen Kennon full spectrum paint

o

frosty carrera would have been my pick for the counter as it is grey enough and slightly warmer to enhance the overall space.then i would have taken the ceiling color in the inspiration pic-and weaken the strength of the color at least by 30 or maybe 50 percent [just get it very pale] and done the walls in that.The trim-do you mean moldings/etc/-semi gloss warmish white or off white.

o

If you want a fairly stark white that has a hint of warmth, Oxford White is my trim color, I quite like it

Because you're not so fond of the pinky tone of your cabs, you might want to blend with them (minimizing them) and contrast with the blues (maximizing them) instead of the other way around.

Looking at my palette, something like Classic Color White Winged Dove 1457 might be a nice place to start. It is a fairly cool white, which I think you want, but I think it has the faintest taupe/pink undertone. In fact BM already have a color palette with dull blues already matched to 1457.

If you find you have to get away from whites, another great light neutral could be something like BM Edgecomb Grey. This is a very light tan and looks great in my bedroom against a dull grey-navy. It has the faintest hint of pink/purple undertone so might coordinate really well with your cabinets and will contrast and bring out the bluish tone of your floors.

Edgecomb:

You could also go the other way and do a very light blue-green grey, something like BM moonshine 2140-60. This would look very pretty with your cabs but you'd have to see if it emphasized the pinky or just looked pretty with it.

o

Two more thoughts: white blush oc 86 and alabaster oc 129.

o

Thanks Robo

Are these all BM colors? Sherwin Willimas doesnt seem to have a ton of whites in their color offerings

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here