Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sinks: Err on the side of too big or too small?

Posted by Phronesis (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 18:10

I know that I want a Blanco sink and know that I want a Cascade. But it comes in the Performa & in the Precis line and I'm not sure what size I want. My kitchen isn't huge and so my thinking is to go with the smaller (and presumably less expensive).

Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sinks: Err on the side of too big or too small?

They look to be similar in size. I have the Performa 1 3/4 Medium Bowl because I wanted 2 sinks with the low divide and I wanted one bowl to be large. I love the width and depth of this sink. It's been great for washing cookie sheets and large cookware. Whichever you choose you will be happy with the looks of the sink.

o

Error on the side of too large!

o

Error on the side of too large!

o

I'd go larger, within reason, if you have the space. You can always get a cutting board or other tool to cover part of it if you need the workspace. Plus you can put a bowl or tub of water in it to make two basins if needed. With a smaller sink you can't do anything to make it bigger, other than put a tub on you counter as a second bowl.

o

I would go larger as long as that does not cut down on your cabinet space too much. The larger the sink, the smaller the cabinets on the same run.

o

OH, man, go large!
Try fitting a pasta pan or big soup kettle in a too-small sink.
I love my Kohler apron farm sink, but the bowls are just 9" deep and my big pasta pot won't fit. I have to wash it in the dump sink in the mud room.

Bad. Very bad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here