Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zobeet

Silgranit and light granite?

zobeet
15 years ago

I was just going with the flow, planning to order a ss sink to go with the ss appliances, but I've been reading so many raves about Silgranit I'm beginning to have second thoughts. My big hesitation though, is what color sink? My granite is Golden Beach, which as you'd guess is golden yellow, with black and some off white. I don't want a white sink. Would Anthracite or black be too much? Other suggestions?

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (14)

• neesie
    15 years ago

I have white appliances and a light colored granite; I wanted a silgranit and chose Biscuit over white because it looked better next to the granite. I took my granite sample to the plumbing specialty shop to compare.

The biscuit is an off-white, maybe you can compare it to the white vase. HTH. If you'd like to see a wide shot I can do that too.

• zobeet
    Original Author
    15 years ago

No, that helps, thanks. But your appliances are white. Mine are (most likely) stainless. Hmmmmm....

From the website it looks like the choices are black, grey/anthracite, white, and off-white/biscuit.

• gshop
    15 years ago

I have Golden Moon granite (a little darker with browns) than your Golden Beach granite. I have the black (anthracite) Blanco Silgranite sink with SS appliances (some with a black controls) and love the combination! The black sink just beautifully accents the black in the granite. My cabinets are a maple cinnamon color which picks up on the rust color in the granite. No pics yet, we are trying to DIY finish everything first. Be brave and go with a black (or grey) Silgranit sink, you'll love it! Good Luck!

• neesie
    15 years ago

zobeet, my point was that I matched my sink to the granite not to the appliances. I can always change my appliance colors. The sink is right up against the granite.

• daki
    15 years ago

I have Juparana Delicatus, which is over-alln a light colored granite with golden tones. It has some orange areas and darker splotches along with the light. Around the sink, it's mostly the lighter colors. We have the Anthracite. We actually decided on the sink and faucet before we started the design, LOL. I trusted the posts that the sink was great and not plasticy looking and they were right!

Personally, I think the dark sink goes very well with our granite. A light color would have looked odd

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

They have a new brown color sink that came out. Perhaps that would work for you?

• scubated
    15 years ago

I am doing Golden Beach as well with Cherry/Cinnamon glaze cabs on the bottom and Oyster White for my upper cabinets. I have been going back and forth with the silgranit colors as well. I am going to the granite place tomorrow to try and make a decision. I think any of the 4 colors would go with the granite so I don't think there is a clear choice. We also are installing a white farm sink on the pantry side of the kitchen.

• berryberry
    15 years ago

Biscuit. We have SS appliances and Vyara Juparana granite. We went with a biscuit silgranit sink to match the granite. looks great !!!

• robin_d
    15 years ago

I went with a black composite (Moenstone) sink with our Imperial Gold granite - great sink, I love it as much as it's possible to "love" a sink. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: My Eventually Almost Mostly Finished Budget Craftsman Kitchen

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

robin... love your kitchen. Your granite reminds me of mystermachines.

• alex9179
    15 years ago

Here is a link to a retailer that carries the brown color, mentioned by remodelfla.

It reminds me of a bronze, and would look great with all of the brown toned granites out there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cafe Brown retailer

• joanne74
    15 years ago

Neesie, your granite looks beautiful. Can you tell me the name. Also, where do you find the siligranit - Lowes/Home Depot?

• neesie
    15 years ago

Thank you Joanne! My granite is called Sunny Flower but I believe the importer renamed it because no one else has ever heard of it, including Google! I liked the fact that it was a tan or carmel color with grey veins and flecks of quartz with very little black in it. It's growing on me everyday!

TKO's on this site lead me to the silgranit. The HD in my area did not have any. I had to look at a high end plumbing supply store to see one in person and compare colors. But I saved over $200 ordering it through Homeclick.com. They didn't charge for shipping, sent the sink within days and packaged it very well. I would recommend the site!

• csaba63
    15 years ago

Would like to have any opinions on choosing moenstone over silgranit.

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer