Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Swag light over dining table

Posted by candf (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 12 at 18:08

I remember seeing a picture some time ago of someone who had a chandelier with a lamp hook and swag chain over their kitchen table so they would be able to center it. Does anyone have any pictures of how that would look?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Swag light over dining table

I don't have any pictures but many people have success using the search feature on the houzz web site or google images . . just in case no one posts a picture.

I don't know how to link a previous post but you can try searching this: Not Centering The Dining Table Under The Light Fixture? There are no pictures but people sharing their similar issue.

FWIW, I can't have the table in the center of the room myself since you have to walk through the DR to get into the kitchen but the light fixture is smack in the middle of the ceiling which I guess is really where it belongs. Whilst I would love some chandys, DH insists on ceiling fans because we don't have a/c. If I ever finish the kitchen, I want to do some work in the dining room and was thinking of a way to add a banquette (sp?). In that case I would probably do the swag thing to get the light (at that time I would insist on ditching the fan to get a chandy) over the table.

Good luck!

o

Candf, I was hoping you would get some repsonses and I'm looking for these photos too. Maybe if this gets bumped up more will post with some photos/ideas.

catlover5, I also have the similiar dilemma. I might start another tread about this.

o

I have done that, putting the screw in hook over the table and draping the light chain over the hook to reposition the light. Can you have someone hold he light over the table so you can see the effect of the draped chain?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here