Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White kitchen spotted in my neighborhood!!!

Posted by linelle (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 18:06

I was taking a walk this afternoon and followed signs to an open house. It's not actually my immediate neighborhood, about 1/2 mile away, but somewhat similar to mine in age of houses and value. It had been nicely prepped for sale, new paint, floors, bathrooms updated.

The kitchen was very white. The old golden oak cabs had been brush painted...which made the gaps between the partial overlay doors all the more obvious. There was no hardware on the doors or drawers. I said to the realtor that it would look really good if they added some hardware. She said, oh uh huh. Then I looked up and saw the humongous fluorescent box covering most of the ceiling. I said, you need to get rid of that. She ignored me. I couldn't help myself.

It was a white kitchen though.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White kitchen spotted in my neighborhood!!!

I guess not all whites are equal:)

o

I've seen the same kitchen recently --- with paint drops or maybe tears.

o

Oh, and marble countertops and a barrier island. However, it looks great on pictures, not so much IRL

o

@ CAGiselle: LOLOLOL! Well played.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here