Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
weezerny

What to put in 4 drilled kitchen sink holes

WeezerNY
9 years ago

Hi all,

Just moved into a new house. The prior owners put in granite just before selling. Unfortunately, they drilled 4 holes in the kitchen sink: Faucet, water control, sprayer and soap pump.

We much prefer fixtures that have the spray head integrated into the fixture, and not a separate piece.

Any ideas of what to do with the extra holes? Can they be filled? We already have filtered water on the fridge, seems a bit redundant to do another at the sink.

Comments (13)

• Fori
    9 years ago

Many single-hole faucets are available with the escutcheons. And soap dispensers aren't that bad for the 4th hole.

That said, I'm having a hard time finding a sink with the right number of faucet holes for my remodel--currently I have an escutcheon plate and would much rather not HAVE to have one.

In your case, depending on the color of the granite, I might seriously consider plugs. Little disks that come in sink colors or faucet colors. A good fabricator might be able to fill the holes with something stone, too.

• Mags438
    9 years ago

An insta-hot. I didn't but now wish I had

• zagyzebra
    9 years ago

Water filtration...either cold or hot/cold faucets.

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

Instant hot water!

• Fori
    9 years ago

The problem is that at least 3 of these holes are tooooooo close together to comfortable use for a second faucet.

Air switch would fit, though, but you don't need that many. :P

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

Use one for this:

Here is a link that might be useful: Disposal switch

• MizLizzie
    9 years ago

I would consider a dish soap and a hand soap dispenser. But Signature Hardware sells the little plates, see link. They are quite unobtrusive, I think.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2

• cold_weather_is_evil
    9 years ago

Why not the filtered water thingie? We filter it to drink so filtering it to cook or brew with is right in line with that.

• sonny_h
    9 years ago

Most single hole facets come with a converter plate/base of some sort that covers three holes with a finished metal look. When I bought my delta touch faucet, it came with a "converter" like this that allows a single hole faucet to be installed on a standard 3 hold sink config. You may want to look into that. The fourth could be a hot water dispenser or a soap dispenser.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    9 years ago

I would do hand soap, dish soap, then maybe an air switch for the disposal or an instahot. You could even put hand lotion instead of a soap. But, that all depends on the spacing of the holes -- sounds like they could all work, although you might think it is too cluttered.

It is pretty easy to cover a hole.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

"Any ideas of what to do with the extra holes? Can they be filled?"

WeezerNY:

Yes, but it's going to cost you and you will always see the repair because you know where to look. Some stones are much easier to fix than others. The monochromatics are the worst, the more movement and particulates, the better.

• Marc Johnson
    9 years ago

Our set-up: Faucet (integrated pull-out sprayer & water control), soap, air gap (required in CA- will be replacing with disposal air switch after inspection), and Instant-Hot at the end.

I agree with the other suggestions - consider an instant-hot (we use it way more than I ever thought ... very handy) or the air switch (also very handy, easier than reaching over for the switch on the wall).

Good luck!