Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sink choice: Black or cream/biscuit?

Posted by cateyanne (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 17:56

Ordering a new sink to go with new counter tops. Cabinets are cream/biscuit color with oil rubbed bronze hardware. Appliances are black. New counters are a black with small bits of bronze and charcoal. Was thinking the black sink would be too much black, and going with more of a match to the cabinets would bring out the cabinet color and break up the long expanse of black. I'm not sure though if that's a good look. I can't find pictures of that combo online. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sink choice: Black or cream/biscuit?

A black kitchen sink will require a bit more maintenance than the lighter one, which could be one reason to choose the lighter.

o

What type of sink material are you using? Any other dark sink material I've seen except silgranit will show every water spot. A friend put a black sink and toilet in her custom build. She complained about that sink and toilet until the day they sold the house.

Silgranit sinks are extremely low maintenance. The black silgranit, called anthracite, will a breeze to handle. If you want to break up the black, I would choose the metallic silver (like a light gray) or the newest color called cinder to pullout the charcoal specks in your counter. I would not match my sink to my cabinets.

o

Had not thought of the metallic or gray. Stayed away from stainless appliances on purpose, but the charcoal is also visible in my tile border, so that may be the way to go, will check out the Sigranit. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here