Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fishymom

kaw 6/1/14

fishymom
9 years ago

Here are my first KAW photos, Beer Can Chicken featuring my newly installed backsplash! I made this chicken for the first time last weekend and it will be a regular on our dinner menu this summer. I started with a nice organic chicken, rubbed it down with a spice/olive oil rub, inserted the can of beer and put it on a preheated grill with the middle burner off.

On a side note, we are not beer drinkers and the beer we have on hand for guests is in bottles, so for the past 2 Saturdays, I have picked up a can of beer at the gas station. Yesterday we got an early start, so it was about 8:30am when I went in to get my can of beer. The cashier, same one as last weekend, gave me a funny look, no gas, just a can of beer. At 8:30 in the morning!

We did this one on the grill, but it can also be done in the oven. It takes about an hour on the grill, so 20 minutes before the chicken was done, I threw a foil pack of zucchini ribbons on the top rack. My husband cut into the chicken so fast, I didn't get a picture, but here is what was left after we made our plates. It was really yummy, and the wings, my favorite part, were moist and tender.

Comments (4)