Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ecf1216_gw

Backsplash -- Laminate, Tile, None?

ecf1216
9 years ago

Full disclosure: This post is about my laundry room. The members in the laundry room forum have been very helpful with my appliance questions, but I get the definite feeling this is the place to come for feedback on my backsplash dilemma.

We are renovating our laundry room, which will include replacing the existing counter around our sink and building a counter over the top of our washer and dryer. I have attached a photo of a room similar to ours, so you can get the general idea of our layout and where we're heading with this.

We are going to put in laminate counters, and our contractor plans to put in a 4-inch backsplash made from the countertop laminate.

I'm looking for feedback as to whether that's our best option, or if it would be better to go with tile (I can get 2x4" tiles, in a brick pattern, that match our floor), or to skip the backsplash completely like they did in the attached picture.

The backsplash will only go around the sink area. Our w/d sit under a window, and the counter over them will go right up to the bottom of the window. We won't do a full-coverage backsplash because there is no cabinet for the tile or laminate to go up to.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Comment (1)