Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
39york_gw

Kitchen Cabinets in Massachusetts

39york
11 years ago

I'm replacing the cabinets in a kitchen of modest size in the suburbs of Boston. My quote from Lowe's was $12K. The quote from a famous high-end cabinet company was $42K. I'd like to find a middle-of-the-road supplier of cabinets that does a great job of making inset doors and drawers. Any suggestions?

Comments (14)

• aries61
    11 years ago

Did you check Shiloh or Crystal? Both are running a promotion for free inset.

• toepytoe
    11 years ago

I just installed Shiloh inset beaded cabinets and love them. I used American Traditions in Quincy. I thought their price was reasonable.

• kamkar2006
    11 years ago

I am in Mass too. I tried Omega, Crystal, Signature, Crown Point and Christopher Peacock (that was my heart attack moment). None of these were great deals. Signature and Crown Point were around the same, (you save tax on CP bc they are in NH). Crystal and Omega were about $6k less than the first too, and well Chris Peacock was in excess of $100k. (so out of reach!) I would try dutch wood, I did not know about DW when I was getting quotes otherwise I would have seriously considered visiting them!

• marcolo
    11 years ago

Go visit Country Craftsmen in Uxbridge. All custom, sometimes less than Lowe's, all Blum hardware.

• toepytoe
    11 years ago

I just installed Shiloh inset beaded cabinets and love them. I used American Traditions in Quincy. I thought their price was reasonable.

• dreamingnh
    11 years ago

We got Shiloh beaded inset and we love them. They have only been in for about 3 weeks. Shiloh is still running a no upcharge for inset promotion. I would do it again in a heartbeat. We worked with Pat at B&G Cabinet in Newburyport. He is extremely detailed oriented and a pleasure to work with.

• KBH
    11 years ago

We just got cabinets from Uxbridge Cabinet Center. Black stained beaded inset. We got a quote from Wood Mode for overlay for $35k. Uxbridge was $25k for inset. I loved the fact that I could specify any size for the cabs - you aren't limited to set sizes at all. The cabs are made on site, and are all wood. We are very pleased.

• aries61
    11 years ago

toepytoe and dreamingnh...Any pictures of you Shiloh Inset cabinets to share with us? I did a quick search and didn't see any. Thanks

• dreamingnh
    11 years ago

I am trying to figure out how to upload a photo from my new Ipad.

• ar1969
    11 years ago

Are you North of Boston? If so, I have a couple names. I'm in the process of finalizing plans for my kitchen and am using a cabinet company in Concord, NH. He reps Cookshire cabinetry out of Canada. Quality is similar to Woodmode

• dreamingnh
    11 years ago

Here is my first try at posting pictures. We have a few more things to finish like the stainless chimney hood. Here are the Shiloh beaded inset cabinets we just installed.

• dreamingnh
    11 years ago

Let's try this again.

• dreamingnh
    11 years ago

• FiveZs
    11 years ago

I am located in the seacoast of NH. I used Brian Eagen Builders. He is a custom cabinet maker. His work is impeccable. He is very detailed orientated and has an eye for this. Plus, being a custom shop, sizes can vary and he can build what you want. For what we got, the price was very fair. The pictures I am posting are a work in progress as far as the cabinets being finished. We were able to do some unique things and not pay through the nose for them some of these included corner drawers (a must have in my opnion), drawers under the sink, just to name a couple. Here are some pix