Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sneak peek - cabinet selection�WWYD for counters and bs?

Posted by spartans99 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 17:16

We are approaching demo and I CANNOT WAIT! We are going with a two tone design with maple uppers painted white (SW OC-17 / white dove) and walnut lowers with a natural / clear finish. A picture of our cabinet samples is below.

I am going shopping later this week and next week for the granite, bs, and to finalize our hardwood floor stain color. Based on some of our inspiration from GW and Houzz, I think we will be looking for a granite or quartzite (super white, fantasy brown, and river white come to mind). Here are some of our inspiration counter/bs photos�

Any opinions on the counter and/or bs?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sneak peek - cabinet selection�WWYD for counters and bs?

For my own personal tastes, all of these photos have too much white going on and not enough contrast. But if you've got white uppers and natural lowers, then white might be a nice compliment to the uppers and contrast to the lowers. There are beautiful granite slabs out there...granite has more dimension and texture than quartz.

o

Ahhhh another two toned kitchen! Love it! We are nearing the end of our two toned (uppers white lowers natural cherry) remodel. My biggest struggle.....backsplash! I felt like I need something to pull top and bottom colors together. Please keep us posted, I love to see how others do it. Sorry I'm of no help!

o

I'm no help, but your inspiration pics are so clean and beautiful.
I look forward to seeing your choices!

o

How's about soapstone for counters?

o

Thanks everyone!

@deedles - I had not thought about soapstone because we were considering a lighter color for the countertops; however, it is beautiful in the examples I have seen online. I will have to consider that too!

o

Funny that deedles suggested soapstone. That is what we chose for our two toned kitchen. Favorite part of my whole kitchen! But soapstone is not for everyone.....

o

motherof3sons did a gorgeous two-tone cherry and white kitchen and used a small flower mosaic with a touch of brown. Unfortunately, I can't find her post with the final results. Maybe someone saved it.

Here is a link that might be useful: motherof3sons' tile

o

I found the thread where her choices were photoshopped in but still can't find the finished kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: tile

o

Your cabinet doors are gorgeous! Can't wait to see your kitchen when it's finished because I love all your inspiration pics.

o

Oh my! Shopping was quite overwhelming. I found many slabs in the white / off white category (both granite and quartzite) that I could see in our kitchen. But then I saw the soapstone! Wow - it was gorgeous and I think it would go beautifully in our kitchen; however, DH prefers a granite.

Stumbled onto a gorgeous honed via lactea granite that has a soapstone look. What do you think? Could I pair it with a carrara marble herringbone backsplash?

o

I don't know anything about that granite, but it's gorgeous. I'm a soapstone fan, but if your husband isn't, that granite might be a nice replacement.

o

Thanks @ myfoursons! I am a little worried about the dark countertops not making the space feel light enough, but after looking at some pictures on houzz, I can see how this would work well together.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here