Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vihara backsplash in finally!

Posted by msrose (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 1, 13 at 17:11

Can't believe it's finally done! The funny thing is it doesn't match quite as well as the sample. I couldn't figure out why at first, but then I realized the brown paper on the back of the sample made it appear more gold than it really was. Oh well!
 photo viharabacksplash_zpse0d10393.jpg

photo viharabacksplash2_zps44b2a717.jpg

photo viharabacksplash3_zpsce0265dc.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous post

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vihara backsplash in finally!

It is stunning, perfect choice. Well worth the wait. Enjoy!

o

very different to my eye but the actual is beautiful!

o

I think it looks great! To me, the new color really brings out the swirls in the counter.

o

I agree - it looks different due to the backing but pretty regardless - I brought this one home but it didn't work for me - but I am so happy it worked for you. Enjoy it for me :-)

o

Gorgeous!

o

Lovely! It looks fabulous with your granite!

o

It does look very different in coloring but still looks good with your counter and ties the sink color in better. Congratulations!

o

Your earlier thread inspired me to go and look at this backsplash. It is sooooo pretty. It's not quite the right colors for my application so I'm continuing the search! I know how many samples you went through and how much you agonized over the decision--you definitely made the right choice--it's really beautiful! Congrats!!

o

It looks great. I am sure you are happy to have this project done.
Now, you can walk across the stage and receive your certificate from the ABB club (^_^)

o

I think it looks great! How did you end up doing the tiling around the windows?

o

Thanks everyone! I'm definitely glad to have this one behind me. Next project...trying to figure out what kind of floors will look good in my kitchen and family room.

Corgimum - I'll try and take a picture later tonight when the light isn't shining through the windows, but we ended up using the Virhara inside the window and grout around the edges. Did you pick your backsplash yet?

o

I think I have found the "one". Samples came the other day but I am out of town so a final color decision will wait. I also have to get a detailed price quote before I commit.

o

I think it looks beautiful. I love Vihara tiles.

o

It is beautiful, MsRose. I really like the way you've brought everything together.

o

I forgot about your windows. Please post a picture so we can see how they turned out.

o

Here's a picture of the window.

photo viharawindow_zps937f43f5.jpg

o

beautiful backsplash and matches well with your counters.

what is your countertop made of and what color?

thanks

o

Your granite and backsplash are stunning!! Great job.

o

Gorgeous! Vihara was my second choice since I went with mother of pearl.it's not up yet, I hope I love it as much as this gorgeous bs of yours, it's so hard second guessing all of my choices. Yours looks perfect!

o

relsah - My countertop is Taj Mahal. I've been told it's quartizite and I've been told it's granite?

o

MS rose, yay! It is so pretty. I will remember the paper backing when I choose mine. So what is next for you? I am hold. Peke

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here