Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice/Suggestions Please on Handles/Sink etc.

Posted by 6kate (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 1, 13 at 17:10

Hi,
After changing my plans daily, I have finally settled on Ikea Lidingo cabinets. My kitchen is small and U-shaped so not too much space for fillers and I am looking for some ideas on knobs/handles which will not protrude too much. Quite like glass but the only ones I saw would scratch the perpendicular wall cabs. As far as the handles go, need them to be shallowish too.

Also, having difficulty finding an inexpensive 7' or more deep sink that will fit into a 24" cabinet. Any suggestions, please? Need appliances too but guess will check out that form seperately.

Thanks for any and all help. Pics of the kitchen plan here, and if you have any better suggestion would love to hear it before I mess up:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice/Suggestions Please on Handles/Sink etc.

How about going with no hardware? You can do a touch latch or do those scoop outs (not sure what that is really called).

On the sink, have you looked at the D shaped sinks. My old one was a Franke. I had a 27" cabinet but I am pretty sure that it would have fit into a 24" cabinet.

o

Several silganit sinks fit into 24' cabinets. I think I'll be getting the Precis large bowl.

Here is a link that might be useful: homeperfect precis large bowl

o

6Kate, I think NYCBD's suggestion of no hardware is a good one. You sure don't want the hardware marring the finish of your new cabinets. You could also just use hardware on the cabs that won't hit the one perpendicular to it.

As for appliances I would do a lot of research. If you are a member of consumer reports read about all the different appliances that you will need and the reviews. I, unfortunately, ordered the JennAir suite before I actually thought that going with one appliance manufacturer probably wasn't smart as one manufacturer may excel with their range line but not as much with their dw line etc. I can't say how my appliances will serve me because they haven't been delivered and installed yet but after reading on the appliance forum I realized that I was too hasty.

Good luck with your project!

o

Thanks very much. That is an interesting idea. I just googled them, had never even heard of such a thing. The doors on the base cabs are slab though and would benefit from something decorative so still looking for ideas.

Thanks too for the sink/appliance suggestion.

o

You will find the perfect hardware. I know pulls are like the cabinet's jewelry. Maybe you could go with pretty glass knobs on your uppers and do a simple finger pull on your lowers.

o

Thanks, that is exactly my ideal but could not find ones with a shorter projection.
The 'simple' finger pulls would be ideal for both upper and lower too but for some reason I don't find them and probably cannot use them on drawer stacks since the drawer fronts almost touch each other on the top. Hard to believe that Ikea does not stock them. Life would be so easy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here