Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ctn30

Anyone in the Boston area? Sink and Faucet?

CTN30
9 years ago

From browsing this board, it seems that a few others here are in the Boston area. Do any of you have any insight on where to go to purchase a kitchen sink and faucet? The stone fabricator that we'll be using for counters does do sinks, but they have a very limited selection and actually suggested that we look around a little more. I just don't know where to look!

For some background, we're doing what I would describe as some piecemeal updates to our kitchen: turning an existing peninsula into an island to create a better flow, replacing counters, new stove and hood, painting mid-grade blah cherry finish cabinets white, new backsplash. So while we are working with a contractor, it's not the type of thing where someone is driving the bus on all of these small decisions.

I know that I could go to a place like Home Depot or Lowes for the sink/faucet, but I was hoping for a higher end product, I guess, if such a thing exists?

Comments (11)

• ajc71
    9 years ago

Yale has a very nice sink that they have made for them, and a decent price for the quality....if you want to splurge a bit you could go to Splash in Newton, but I think Yale gives the best bang for the buck

Here is a link that might be useful: Yale sinks

• MarinaGal
    9 years ago

FW Webb in Needham on Highland Ave is also a good place to try.

• bluetea57
    9 years ago

F.W. Webb, Fergusons, or Salem Plumbing in Beverly have good selections on display. Webb actually has many faucets installed so you can see and feel the faucet with actual water!

• hbrrbh
    9 years ago

We bought our Franke orca sink online at Amazon for a good price. We bought our Kohler Simplice faucet from Home Depot, an online order but we could return it at the store if there was an issue. Also, I had read online statements that buying products from Home Depot was a different quality than buying at a plumbing supply store. I called Kohler directly, and was told that they are the exact same products.

We did buy our more complex appliances from Yale, and also purchased some items from Webb in Needham for a bathroom renovation, and had good experiences with both.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

Try www.domainindustries.com and www.dovae.com for sink selection.

• laurencp
    9 years ago

Are you north or south of Boston? I also just did bits and pieces and the sink /faucet was one of the bits. I first got an idea of what I wanted to see and called showrooms to see if they had what I was looking for before I made the drive. Once I saw what I wanted to and made my decision I found the lowest price I could online.

• Jancy
    9 years ago

I looked at a lot of the places above but I didn't see a sink that I wanted. I ordered a Kraus sink (sight unseen) on Amazon and love it. I have a small condo kitchen so I couldn't go big. I did see a faucet I liked at FW Webb but I ordered it on amazon also. I got the Moen Align and soap dispenser so far enjoying all.

• elizabeth714
    9 years ago

i got mine on amazon. giant sink and faucet and potfiller, too.

• CTN30
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, guys. I'm in Boston itself. I've been to Webb (the South Boston location) and wasn't impressed - I felt as though the sales people mostly ignored us, which was frustrating. We also did look at ranges at Yale (and liked a couple of them), but wound up going with Boston Appliance in the end. It's worth going back there just to check out sinks and faucets though.

I tried looking at faucets online, and just found it way too hard to figure out....but shopping in person and then searching to see if I could do better online for the same model isn't a bad idea.

• elizabeth714
    9 years ago

I'm in boston proper, too. i did get my range, hood, and dishwasher from yale. fridge and micro drawer from best buy. sink, faucet, pot filler from amazon.

• scpalmetto
    9 years ago

I am not in Boston (anymore, used to live downtown) but I ordered my sink, etc. from Kitchens N Baths in Salem, NH which is not far, especially if you live north of the city. The owner, Trudy Boisvert, was exceptionally nice to work with. Previously I had a bad experience with a business through Amazon and wound up paying exorbitant restocking and shipping charges. Speaking directly with Trudy worked well for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is her link